Excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician based in Portadown
Job Vacancy: Maintenance Electrician
We are seeking a fully qualified and experienced Maintenance Electrician to join our team of Maintenance Technicians.
The vacancy is for a time served Maintenance Electrician to join a team responsible for performing the Maintenance Function at our Portadown Facility. (Formerly Seagoe Technologies & Unidare)
The Portadown Plant manufactures a range of Electrical Heating products using Metal Fabrication, Powder Coating, Assembly Equipment and associated services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical maintenance on factory machinery;
- Installation of a variety of factory equipment and general site services;
- Diagnosing and resolving electrical faults;
- Equipment breakdown response, fault finding and repairs;
- Planned and preventive maintenance;
- Metal fabrication; (Small bracketry)
- Electrical Testing & Inspecting;
- To inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes;
- Working on fire and security alarms, maintaining and keeping records of signed reports;
- Responsible for completing all maintenance documentation;
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety Rules and Regulations are being adhered to.
- Time served electrician; with strong Mechanical skills;
- City and Guilds electrical qualification 17th Edition;
- Preferably at least 5 years’ experience in industrial Environment;
- Sound knowledge of 2391 regulation or equivalent.
- Able to work to the required regulatory and safety standards on own initiative, with minimum supervision within expected timescales;
- Prepared to take strong ownership of tasks to ensure timely safe conclusions;
- Capable of working with LV and HV systems;
- Good ‘hands on’ experience of maintaining, installing and modifying equipment in a similar environment;
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces;
- Available to take part in a ‘Call out’ system;
- Prepared to work shifts;
- Prepared to work during business holiday periods.
- Ideally be located within close proximity of the factory to respond to a call-out system.
- Multiskilled Electrical/Mechanical Disciplines
- Ideally have good knowledge of Powder Coating Equipment
- Some knowledge of gas systems is preferable.
- Good ability to accept change and continually seek improvement;
- The capability of working on own initiative as well as using an organised approach and be a fully integrated member of a team;
- Computer literate;
- Good team working skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good pro-active approach and excellent fault-finding capabilities.
Hours of Work:
- 40 hours plus overtime if required.
- Rotating Shifts, Week 1: Monday – Friday 6.00am – 2.00pm and Week 2: Monday – Thursday 3pm – 1.00am
- The successful candidate must be flexible to work outside of normal working hours as and when required, including over planned shutdown periods.
Please click here to view our Data Protection Notice for Applicants
Applicants can send their CV and covering letter by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
Closing date: Monday 24th September 2018