Location UK / Armagh
Job Type Permanent, Temporary full-time, TemporaryContract, Trainee
Salary See description
Updated 2 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Lecturer in Motor Vehicle ( Heavy) based in Armagh
POST REF: LSRC18/73
POST: LECTURER IN MOTOR VEHICLE (HEAVY)
DURATION: TEMPORARY (UNTIL 31ST AUGUST 2020)
(This post may be made Permanent without further advertisement)
HOURS: FULL TIME
SALARY: POINTS 1-5 – £22,609 (POINT 1 – MINIMUM POINT), £25,996 (POINT 2), £28,174 (POINT 3), £30,515 (POINT 4), £32,778 (POINT 5, MAXIMUM POINT)
Placement on the salary scale upon appointment is to the minimum point, incremental credit is awarded to holders of an approved university degree with honours at 2:1 level or higher (1 increment), and holders of a teaching qualification recognised to teach in the Northern Ireland Further Education Sector (1 increment). No further incremental credit is given at appointment. Progression to the maximum point is by way of annual increment.
LOCATION: ARMAGH CAMPUS
(There will be a requirement to travel to other campuses)
REPORTS TO: DEPUTY HEAD OF SCHOOL ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
Provide quality teaching and learning opportunities within the specific areas outlined in the post in order to maximise the potential of every student and to undertake non-lecturing duties as appropriate.
1. A minimum of Level 5 in Motor Vehicle Studies or a closely related discipline.
2. GCSE English (Grade A*- C) or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or equivalent.
3. GCSE Mathematics (Grade A*- C) or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or equivalent.
4. Post Graduate Certificate in Further and Higher Education PGCE (FE) or equivalent qualification recognised by the Department for the Economy for teaching in Northern Ireland.
5.A minimum of three years’ experience (within the last seven years) working as a motor vehicle technician within the Heavy Vehicle repair industry OR three years’ relevant teaching or training experience of Heavy Vehicle repair (within the last seven years).
Other Essential Criteria
6. A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and have access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information regarding applicants with disabilities).
Completed application forms must be submitted not later than: 4:00pm on Friday 21 September 2018
To apply for this post please visit our site by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
Southern Regional College is a child care organisation and complies with the requirements of the Safeguarding Regulations.
Southern Regional College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.