Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Tyrone
Lead Manufacturing Engineer – Tyrone
CPL are delighted to be working with one of Northern Irelands largest multi-national manufacturing companies in its recruiting for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and friendly team and to learn from one of the largest engineering organisations in the world.
Reporting to the TBS Manager, the Lead Manufacturing Engineers will have the specific skills to guide and mentor a team of Manufacturing Engineers and the breadth of experience to effect change throughout the organisations entire Value Stream.
They will be expected to provide leadership to ensure manufacturing build processes are in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible, to better perform the key processes and to increase focus on innovation, product development and support. They will be responsible for and oversee the day to day activities of a small manufacturing Engineering team and along with the TBS manager they will ensure the consistent development, training, discipline and appraisal of this team.
- Mentor, coach and develop engineering talent.
- The Functional focus is Assembly and Fabrication, with site-based requirements.
- Collaborate with Production Area Managers and each other to ensure process adherence and consistent sharing of information across site with a specific focus on root cause analysis through problem solving.
- Manage complex projects and timelines and drive the teams output to realise same.
- Implementing Best Practice Standard Work/Build file docs onto Shop floor
- Creation and Implementation of Manufacturing Bills of Materials, Establishing Make / Buy Decision, Plan for Every Part, and hall layouts.
- Identify and implement cost effective solutions to tooling, material movement and paint protection improvements.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles including Line Balance, 5S, Poke Yoke
- Promote and implement best practices on the new NPPD Process and support further developments.
- Minimum HNC / HND engineering qualification OR demonstration of extensive relevant engineering knowledge gained though on job experience.
- Minimum of three years experience working within Engineering environment where you have had a level of responsibility and are able to demonstrate effective leadership, in both strategic and tactical decision making.
- A considerable track record in the process development and adherence as well as focus on continuous improvement.
- Competent user of MRP systems and material value streams.
- Good technical expertise in ERP data extraction and analysis.
- A good understanding of the various applications that the equipment can operate in along with an appreciation for the expected performance of the machines. .
- Creative and innovative thinker with a track record of providing unique or different solutions.
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Industrial Engineering experience and/or Fabrication experience.
- Problem Solve trained and have led several events
- Excellent computer skills particularly within Microsoft Office suite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong motivator with excellent communication skills, you will be fully conversant on modern design practices and Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with CAD and MRP systems
- Someone who cultivates a team spirit with the respect of others ideas and requirements.
- It would be desirable that the successful applicant will have leadership and management skills and will also have a proven record in utilizing people effectively and managing performance against committed deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time.
Whats in it for you?
- Joining one of Northern Irelands biggest and best manufacturing companies
- Great rate of pay
- A whole range of benefits include pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers among others
- Opportunity to grow and progress in your career
Apply now by clicking the Apply button, or for more information email me (Richard) Or call me 02890 725 632 to discuss in confidence!