Opportunity to join one of NI's largest and leading Foodservice providers. Competitive salary + bonus + company car. (Shortlisting now)
Key Account Manager
VANRATH are seeking a Key Account Manager for our client, one of NI’s largest and leading Foodservice providers.
Reporting to the Foodservice Sales Manager the Key Account Manager will manage and develop relationships with existing Key Account customers, to identify and develop new business to achieve business margin targets.
- Exceed agreed sales budget and stretch budget and margin targets for the NI business.
- Develop our portfolio by managing a prospect list to secure new customers linked to the current commercial plan
- Expanding the range that is currently being supplied to existing accounts by focussing on multi-temperature delivery opportunity over chilled, frozen and ambient ranges
- Increase our customers buying base by actively seeking out key competitor accounts.
- Resolve and work with support functions, logistics and telesales to ensure processes are put in place to resolve issues permanently
- Maintain all accounts within company credit terms.
- Maintain management costs within allocated budgets, through good time management, resources management, and the most effective call pattern for each customer. Ensure excellent customer service through friendly, accurate field communication and good administration practices.
- Provide accurate and relevant information on competitor activity and other trade field information to the Sales Manager NI.
- Manage customer margin targets in line with overall territory targets
- Once tenders are achieved, manage the account, ensuring that MNI comply with all the terms of the agreement and meet all aspects of the contract for the length of it
- Be the lead in any re-tendering opportunities and ensure the required team are involved in the process
- 2+ year’s experience in a business development field, ideally within FMCG or similar industry
- Knowledge and experience of the Fast Food, Foodservice and Hospitality industry.
- Understand the relationship between sales and margin and the importance of mix.
- Understanding of the catering business model
- Budget management experience
- Forward thinking with the ability to work as a team or your own.
- A natural born seller and influencer, with a ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Creating and presenting reports
- Ability to change, adapt and be flexible
- Ability to coach and train staff within sales and commercial awareness
- Educated to GCSE level
- Full clean driving licence
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus scheme
- Company car
- Company benefits scheme
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales or Marketing jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link on this page, or contact Marty Caskey in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250.
IF YOU HAVE FORWARDED YOUR CV TO VANRATH WITHIN THE LAST 3 MONTHS please do not apply as our specialist consultants are aware of your availability. If you would like to contact VANRATH for an update please call our consultants directly on 02890 330 250.