Excellent opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor with MTC experience to join an expanding building contractor based in Belfast. Competitive Salary + Benefits package.
Job title: Junior Quantity Surveyor (MTC)
Salary Range: £25-35K (negotiable on experience).
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with an award-winning building contractor based in Northern Ireland to recruit a Junior Quantity Surveyor with MTC experience to join their growing team.
This well-known contractor will offer the opportunity to join an established team and help develop a career that will give the candidate first hand on the job experience on some of the most prestigious projects within the residential, commercial, educational, leisure & health and MTC sectors.
Junior Quantity Surveyor (MTC) Criteria:
- 3rd level Quantity Surveying qualification and minimum 1+ year’s post graduate experience.
- First-hand experience and knowledge of supervising all budgets and contractual requirements of projects.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations to attain best terms for client projects.
- Excellent level of IT literacy, especially in QS Software packages and MS Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Junior Quantity Surveyor (MTC) Role:
- Ensure project manager and operations teams are well-versed of all project budget and contractual requirements.
- Follow client guidelines and procedures. Paying precise attention to financial, planning, project control systems, purchasing materials and the compulsory approvals of expenditure.
- Liaise with the Project Manager that all Variation Order’s (VO’s) are raised, costed and valued and the necessary variation is submitted on time. Once confirmed ensure VO register is updated accordingly.
- Experience producing project reports that identifies any areas of concerns, meets the needs of finance department, the project manager and the client.
- Evidence of being able to control flow of documentation with regards to contractual agreements with suppliers, sub-contractors and appropriate record.
- Report on work done/in progress, tenders, contract documents, risk & value management exercises.
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project.
- Assist with managing and negotiation of the subcontract tender process, including the selection and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Attend both Internal and external monthly evaluation meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Assist with the preparation, negotiation and agreement of all project final accounts.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through