Excellent opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor based in Belfast with requirement for regular travel throughout the UK
Location: Based in Belfast with requirement for regular travel throughout the UK
Reporting To: Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager
Key Job Function: To assist the quantity surveying team in delivering the quantity surveying functions, including commercial transactions, commercial reporting and cash flow management on allocation projects in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Junior Quantity Surveyor will assist the quantity surveying team in providing the quantity surveying functions, including commercial transactions, commercial reporting and cash flow management which will include, but not limited to;
- Assisting the planning team to ensure adequate project planning for the delivery team
- Assisting in developing and the project cash flow based on the project plan
- Assisting in the appointments of the delivery team including subcontract documentation
- Assisting in preparing and processing applications for interim payments
- Assisting in preparing and processing payments for the supply chain
- Assisting in the preparation of the CVR reports for allocated projects
- Assisting with project, including the identification and capture and evaluation of project variations
- Assisting with the contract close out documentation including ‘as builts’ etc.
- Assisting with preparing and agreeing the project final accounts
Key Performance Indicator
The Key Performance indicator for the position will be the delivery of the allocated Quantity Surveying workload in accordance with target timetables and company policies and procedures
Skills and Qualifications
- The Junior Quantity Surveyor will have the following qualification or equivalent
- A BSc in Quantity surveying or third level qualification in the construction industry or industry experience qualification through (2 years) working at a junior/assistant quantity surveyor.
- A CSR card – Silver level
- A working knowledge of construction and engineering contracts
- The Junior Quantity Surveyor will have a skill base that will include;
- IT proficient – Microsoft packages
- An understanding of industry software packages e.g. COINS, REDSKY etc
- An understanding of industry management software packages e.g. FOUR PROJECTS – ASTA Powerproject planning software
- Be good with verbal and written communication
- Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- The Junior Quantity Surveyor will have, or be encouraged to work towards developing the following qualifications and skills;
- Chartered membership of the RICS (or equivalent)
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below. Also ensure to complete the Monitoring below
Our closing date is 2nd October 2018.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy at our own discretion.
We are an equal opportunity employer