Vickerstock are shortlisting for a Junior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join an award-winning contractor. £25-40k, negotiable depending on experience. Based in Belfast.
Job title: Junior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Salary Range: £25-40K (negotiable on experience).
Vickerstock are recruiting a junior/intermediate quantity surveyor to work with an award winning contractor within Northern Ireland. This well-known contractor will offer the opportunity to join an established team and develop a career that will give the candidate first hand on the job experience on some of the most prestigious projects within NI.
The successful candidate needs to be career driven and passionate to progress within the renewable energy sector.
Junior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- 3rd level Quantity Surveying qualification and minimum 2+ year’s post graduate experience (ideally in the renewable energy sector).
- First-hand experience and knowledge of supervising all budgets and contractual requirements of projects.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations to attain best terms for client projects.
- A good level of IT literacy, especially in MS Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Junior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Ensure project manager and operations teams are well-versed of all project budget and contractual requirements.
- Follow client guidelines and procedures. Paying precise attention to financial, planning, project control systems, purchasing materials and the compulsory approvals of expenditure.
- Liaise with the Project Manager that all Variation Order’s (VO’s) are raised, costed and valued and the necessary variation is submitted on time. Once confirmed ensure VO register is updated accordingly.
- Experience producing project reports that identifies any areas of concerns, meets the needs of finance department, the project manager and the client.
- Evidence of being able to control flow of documentation with regards to contractual agreements with suppliers, sub-contractors and appropriate record.
- Report on work done/in progress, tenders, contract documents, risk & value management exercises.
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project.
- Assist with managing and negotiation of the subcontract tender process, including the selection and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Attend both Internal and external monthly evaluation meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Assist with the preparation, negotiation and agreement of all project final accounts.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.