Exciting opportunity for an Junior Contracts Manager to join principal building and maintenance contractor based in County Armagh. Salary range £25-35k, negotiable depending on experience.
Job Title: Junior Contracts Manager
Salary Range: £25,000 – £35,000 + Benefits (negotiable depending on experience)
Location: County Armagh
Vickerstock are currently shortlisting for a principal building and maintenance contractor based in County Armagh to recruit a Junior Contracts Manager to join their team. Thanks to planned internal expansion and an increasing portfolio of projects and contracts this contractor has a growing need for a Contracts Manager.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Junior Contracts Manager to gain experience in a wide array of projects throughout Northern Ireland and potentially the UK.
The Junior Contracts Manager will provide a range of cost saving services to a range of public and private clients across the educational, housing, healthcare and commercial sectors.
Junior Contracts Manager Criteria:
- 3rd Level Degree Qualification in construction related discipline and/or minimum 2+ years Contracts Management experience.
- Experience working as a Contracts Manager on large scale projects within Commercial, Residential, Health & Leisure and Educational sectors.
- Possess a detailed understanding of the PSA MTC Building and Painting Schedules.
- Strong track record in managing and dealing with contractual issues on standard forms of contract i.e. NEC, JCT.
- Have exceptional communicative skills coupled with strong time management.
- Be capable of managing budgets and managing information effectively.
- An ability to demonstrate negotiation experience with clients, architects, main contractors and specialist sub-contractors.
Junior Contracts Manager Duties:
- Work with the Procurement Manager in the appointment of Subcontractors and Labour Only Subcontractors on designated subcontract conditions.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of multiple projects from the start through to completion.
- Manage and coordinate projects to ensure health & safety, environmental, quality design, procurement, and site operations are managed to the highest standards.
- Candidates must be technically and commercially aware, ensuring that work is completed on time and within budget.
- Point of contact for establishing and maintaining client, supplier and partner relationships.
- Manage and plan the site operations in relation to labour, materials, transport, plant and contracted services to meet the programme of work and contracted/statutory obligations.
- Develop and produce build programmes identifying work sequence, critical path, key milestones to plan and contract completion dates.
- Manage teams to ensure company procedures and best practices are followed, costs are precise, maximum revenue generated to contribute to the Company’s operating profit.
- Attendance during management meetings to report on project performance and any current issues that have potential to impact on overall company performance.
- Liaise with the Commercial team to identify early commercial and contractual risks or opportunities that could be either detrimental or beneficial to project performance.
- Ensure full integration with support teams (SHEQ, Commercials, Planning, Building Services, Design, Procurement, Training and Development) through a joint approach.
- Manage and develop the team to ensure they provide a high-quality service. Including providing direction and leadership to deliver planned growth, development, recruitment, training and mentoring of staff.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn on 02890 313720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.