First Choice Newry are currently recruiting for an HR Officer for their client in the Newry area. This will be a temporary contract to cover maternity leave.
Salary: £9.00 – £10.00 p/hr, depending on experience
Hours = Mon to Fri 9am – 5pm (37 hrs)
- The HR Officer will assist the HR Manager in providing a high quality, effective and efficient HR function, contributing towards the achievement of organisational objectives.
- Assist the HR Manager in maintaining recruitment policies and procedures.
- Assist with internal and external recruitment and selection exercises, including providing administration support for all recruitment to include advertising, issuing application forms and acting as Monitoring Officer.
- Update and maintain the HR database and ensure the timely and accurate provision of reports.
- Management of the attendance management system.
- Monitor, maintain and update HR practices, procedures and the staff handbook in accordance with relevant legislation and codes of practice.
- Manage the payroll system to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries to all employees, including the calculation of any pay adjustments.
- Ensuring all relevant legislation and requirements from the Equality Commission are met though all processes.
- Completion of Fair Employment Returns.
- Assist with implementation and awareness of the Statutory Equality Scheme.
- Administer the staff performance appraisal system.
- Administer the staff development and training programme.
- Assist the HR Manager with organisational development initiatives.
- Assist with the management of the HR budget ensuring value for money.
- Assist with employee relations issues e.g. disciplines, grievances and other performance related issues.
- 1 year’s experience in HR role
- Sage Payroll experience an advantage
To apply, please contact Barry on Tel 028 38316446, or send your CV through to email address given above.