Excellent opportunity for a H&S Officer to join a medium sized engineering company in the Coalisland area. Salary is up to £30,000 plus pension and lunch time finish on Fridays.
Health & Safety Officer
Based in the Coalisland area my client is a successful medium sized engineering company. They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Officer to further develop, audit and improve the Health & Safety and Environmental sections of the company’s Integrated Management System policy & procedures.
Role – Health & Safety Officer
- Continually develop and implement the Health & Safety policy and management arrangements to ensure that all of the company’s working practices are safe.
- Undertake risk assessments and reviews, including COSHH and Manual Handling and develop subsequent safe systems of work.
- Manage a comprehensive training matrix for all employees to ensure identified training needs are met, from induction to fundamental safe working practices to developmental learning.
- Develop and maintain the company’s OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards, ensuring compliance with the standards and with relevant legislation.
- Complete regular site inspections and audits to monitor compliance with HSE requirements and draw up corrective action plans with area supervisors to address identified non-compliances.
- Organise necessary external inspections e.g. plant insurance policy statutory inspections and surveillance/renewal audits for international standards.
- Investigate all accidents, near misses and complaints of ill health and complete future preventative actions.
- Implement & develop the sub-contractors’ policy and procedures.
- Maintain all necessary records for effective HSE management and complete all aspects of HSE administration.
Person – Health & Safety Officer
- NEBOSH Certificate
- 2+ years equivalent experience in a Health & Safety role ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of HSE legislation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong negotiating, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office applications
Salary & Benefits – Health & Safety Officer
- Salary is up to £30,000
- Lunchtime finish every Friday
For a confidential conversation regarding this Health & Safety Officer job contact James Coulter on the number to your left. Alternatively send your CV by applying below.
C-Tech Recruitment are an engineering and manufacturing recruitment agency with 14 years technical recruitment experience specialising in the Northern Ireland market.
C-Tech Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for this role.