Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Updated 1 week ago
Grad Environmental Officer required for a main contractor Travel throughout the UK will be expected
Graduate Environmental Advisor
Our Client, leading privately owned Design and Build Construction Company, working throughout the UK and Ireland, is seeking to appoint a Grad Environmental Advisor, to add to their expanding team
Competitive packages available, with full benefits and schemes DOE.
Packages will vary depending on experience
This is an immediate vacancy and candidates with 1+ years’ working experience would be preferable but it is not essential.
Candidates with some experience or a strong placement year in Construction would be ideal
Two to three days overnight travel expected each week
· Assist project teams in the application of M&R Environmental and Quality policies and procedures including site specific environmental plans and risk assessments (waste management, carbon footprint monitoring, pollution control, sustainable sourcing of materials ecology and Considerate Constructors Best Practice);
· Communicate the requirements of current environmental legislation and the ISO 14001 standard;
· Communicate the requirements of current quality standards and ISO 9001 standard;
· Offer assistance and guidance to Project Managers in drafting and developing site specific Environmental and Site Waste Management Plans;
· Assists in the BREEAM and CSH co-ordination of projects during the construction and post construction phase of projects ensuring site teams are collating necessary evidence;
· Completes environmental training for all new employees and sub – contractors maintaining accurate records;
· Liaise with subcontractors on all environmental and quality snags during the design, construction, commissioning & handover of schemes;
· Conduct environmental and quality audits observing workers to ensure they are following company environmental policies and highlight any non-conformances
· Assists with the development for environmental and quality initiatives;
· Assists the Environmental & Quality Manager and site teams in promoting environmental/ sustainability principles to ensure compliance and best practice e.g. the Considerate Constructors Scheme and site specific assistance;
· Participates in site progress meetings and complete environmental and quality investigation reports; and
· Attend regular SHEQ meetings and training as required
Qualifications & Experience:
· A degree / HND in a construction or business-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a similar role
· Experience of working in a busy, deadline driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously.
· Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and the internet for reporting purposes.
· Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy
· Creative flair coupled with the drive to produce bespoke tailored documents that accurately portray and sell the company
· Demonstrates high levels of commitment and a pro-active attitude
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to develop good working relationships with all company departments.