Our Client within the public Sector require a Gaelic Games Development Officer ASAP.
Job Title: Gaelic Games Development Officer
Location: Various Locations, based at Roe Valley Leisure Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Pay rate: Weeks 1-12 £8.08 Weeks 13+ £10.92
Main Purpose of the job:
The post holder will be a member of the Council’s Sports Development Team and will assist with the planning and implementation of a sports development programme for the promotion of Gaelic Games throughout the Limavady Borough. The post holder will also assist in delivery of the Underage Strategic plan and the key objectives of the Strategy for the Ulster Council of the GAA 2006-2011.
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:Undertake a Gaelic Games audit within the Limavady Borough.Plan and manage a prioritised Work Programme which encourages participation in Gaelic Games . Particular emphasis to be placed on encouraging participation by young girls and women.In conjunction with key stakeholders develop, manage and implement a range of Gaelic Games programmes including holiday programmes competitions, leagues etc.Introduce structures which will encourage stronger school/club links.Liaise with key partners to ensure the successful achievement of the agreed project objectives.Assist the Derry GAA Board in the delivery of the County Coach Development Programme.Establish a network of qualified coaches, administrators and volunteers within a local Gaelic Clubs compliance with Limavady Borough Council’s Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy.Assist in the promotion and delivery of the Ulster Council of the GAA’s Health and Wellness programme.Assist the clubs to deliver the coaching and games development elements of their club development plans.Encourage and assist clubs to implement best practice guidelines and achieve quality awards such as Ulster GAA Club Maith Award.To promote Coach Education within the Limavady Borough with particular emphasis on clubs and schools.Assist with the development and implementation of a volunteer Development Strategy within the Borough.Actively promote the project programme to all stakeholders at local, county and national levels recognising at all times the role of Limavady Borough Council and the Derry County Board.Attend meetings, seminars and training sessions as required.Assist in managing the project budget in accordance with Limavady Borough Council procedures.To attend team meetings and represent Council at meetings and events as and when required.
- Currently Posses a valid Level 1 Gaelic Football and/or Hurling Coach qualification.
- Undertaken the GAA Child Protection and Code of Ethics Course.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years’ demonstrable experience of working in an education and/or sports development environment to develop sports via school, club community links (either in a paid or voluntary capacity)
- Hold a current valid driving license with access to a suitable form of transport to enable performance of the duties of the post.
- Currently possess a valid Level 2 Gaelic Football or Hurling Qualification.
- Possession of a valid coaching qualification in Ladies Gaelic Football or Camogie.
If you wish to apply for this position please submit your CV through this link.