Holywood, Permanent, highly competitive starting salary, excellent benefits, flexitime, great office culture
Finance Officer – Holywood
VANRATH are actively seeking an Finance Officer on behalf of our client, a social enterprise who employ over 1,000 based in Holywood. The successful Finance Officer will join a fast paced team in a warm office environment.
The post holder will assist and support the Treasury and Analysis Manager in the performance of activities and routines designed to produce accurate and timely information that facilitates the effective management of the Association’s finances.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Management Accounts and supporting schedules.
- Assist as required with the provision of quarterly Treasury Reports and in the maintenance of records to ensure the timely availability of accurate information concerning Association borrowings and investments.
- Undertake ad hoc analyses as required and assist with the provision of financial information and reports.
- Assist as required in the preparation, submission and/or administration of Grant Claims, Grant receipts and associated returns to Grantors.
- Assist as required in the preparation of group budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the regular review of finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure they are robust, meet statutory requirements as well as identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of financial systems and processes.
- Work as part of the team and assist with internal and external audit processes and support the team to achieve individual, team and corporate objectives.
- Represent the Finance department on ad-hoc project teams and at inter-departmental liaison meetings as required.
- Assist in meeting regulatory, statutory and contractual compliance requirements involving the accurate and timely provision of accounting and financial data relative to the activities of the Association.
The Ideal Person:
- A third level qualification in Finance or Business related discipline or At least 5 years’ (gained in the last 10 years’) Finance experience.
- At least 2 years’ (gained in the last 6 years’) experience in a finance environment operating an IT based financial system and working with Management accounts and or budgets.
- Demonstrable written and oral communication skills with experience in explaining / clarifying technical financial matters to non-finance personnel.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office to include experience of producing complex spreadsheets and word documents.
Market Leading starting salary, annual salary reviews plus an excellent benefits package, 21 day annual leave + stat days annual leave + flexi time + others
For further information on this Finance Assistant vacancy, or any other Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link on this page or contact Jessica Grieve in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.