Holywood, Permanent, Excellent Benefits, Flexitime, Great Office Culture
Finance Officer (Purchase Ledger)
VANRATH are actively seeking a Finance Officer on behalf of our client, a social enterprise who employ over 1,000 based in Holywood. The successful Finance Officer will assist and support the Financial Controller in ensuring our client complies with all relevant regulatory, statutory and contractual requirements. Providing an accounts payable function to the association and maintaining bank accounts.
- Co-ordinate and administer the Association’s purchase ledger and supervise the Administration Staff in relation to purchase ledger and daybook duties.
- Liaise with suppliers and ensure where possible all payments to creditors are within agreed terms, and on a timely basis.
- Regularly monitor supplier’s performance.
- Oversee the set up of new supplier accounts i.e. maintenance of existing account details within the purchase ledger ensuring sufficient segregation of duties are in place.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure all payments are made within agreed terms and on a timely basis.
- Oversee monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Co-ordinate weekly payment run, processing of BACS payments and preparing cheques where required.
- Dealing with supplier and employee expense queries proficiently.
- Liaise with the budget holders on coding of invoices and assist Finance Managers to provide assurance of the general ledger coding for all expenditure.
- Close purchase ledger at month end on a timely basis, highlighting any accruals to Finance Manager.
- Reconcile the purchase ledger to the general ledger.
- Prepare year end and adjustment journal entries for the Association.
- To provide statistical information in support of the Finance Departments key performance indicators.
- Assist with the completion of the Association’s VAT return on a quarterly basis.
- Review and analyse expenditure on a regular basis.
The Ideal Person:
- A third level qualification in Finance or Business related discipline or At least 5 years’ (gained in the last 10 years’) Finance experience.
- At least 3 years’ (gained in the last 6 years’) experience in a finance environment operating an IT based financial system and working with Management accounts and or budgets.
- Demonstrable written and oral communication skills with experience in explaining / clarifying technical financial matters to non-finance personnel.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office to include experience of producing complex spreadsheets and word documents.
Market Leading starting salary, annual salary reviews plus an excellent benefits package, 21 day annual leave + stat days annual leave + flexi time + others
For further information on this Finance Assistant vacancy, or any other Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link on this page or contact Jessica Grieve in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.