My client is a leading insurance company who are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Account Executive to join their company in Belfast.
Excellent package on offer!!
Commercial insurance experience is essential.
Purpose of the job:
You will be providing complete professional insurance advice and service to existing clients and to develop new business in the SME and Corporate Business sectors, providing the highest standards of customer care, service and client retention.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Financial/Insurance Account Executive or similar role
- Proven track record of delivering high levels of customer service
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of computerised insurance systems
- Be in possession of, or working towards ACII or another recognised insurance qualification
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in a broking environment
- You will be out on the road meeting clients, developing and building relationships
- Achieve budget by meeting agreed targets for income retention on existing business
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and again meet agreed Target Revenue
- Liaise with Account Handler on collection of premiums
- Ensure timely and accurate debiting of accounts on all relevant systems
- Ensuring personal organisation and use of time is optimised, evaluating and adapting work schedules to optimise time and resources against changing priorities
- Ensuring the company’s resources are used effectively and only to carry out legitimate company business or to promote the company’s best interests
- Maintain regular contact with clients to build strong, supportive and long-term relationships
- Ensure service standards are met at all times
- Respond to and handle complaints in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with FCA and internal requirements
- Ensure customer trading is carried out in line with company procedures as identified in the operating manual
- Ensure efficient management of daily business activities including the highest quality of file management
- Ensure all reports and reviews are delivered to clients and account handlers as appropriate to the relevant operational procedures
- Ensure tasks and responsibilities are carried out effectively and thoroughly within timescales and deadlines
- Actively participate in development and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Ensure payment methods and cash handling limits comply with company procedures
- Monitor and keep up to date with technical and regulatory matters and act accordingly
- Ensure personal awareness and understanding of internal standards and procedures.
- Maintain, develop and use where appropriate, professional, technical and specialist knowledge and skills related to the role
- Seek opportunities for personal development by way of formal qualifications (e.g. ACII/FCII), as appropriate for the job role
- Apply knowledge and skills to a variety of situations and issues, identifying linkages and relationships
- Keep abreast of and assess the impact of external (e.g. legal and regulatory) changes as they relate to own work role
- Demonstrate a depth and breadth of knowledge that enhances professional credibility
- Develop and maintain networks and formal channels within and outside the company to gain information and develop own awareness and understanding
- Recognise and sees opportunities for personal and professional development and growth
- Complying with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
- Carrying out any other functions deemed necessary