Executive Assistant to Managing Director of major engineering firm
To provide proactive and high quality assistance to the Managing Director and other members of the senior management team.
The role requires the delivery of exemplary secretarial and administrative support to a Managing Director and other senior managers within the business. The Executive Assistant will be required to understand, support, and contribute to the continued success of the company
- Act as an ambassador and first point of contact for Managing Director
- Develop and maintain internal and external networks, building knowledge of key issues in order to effectively identify and communicate priorities.
- Build strong relationships with clients and their PA’s identifying opportunities to enhance the overall business reputation.
Diary and meeting management
- Provide comprehensive diary management, having full autonomy to make decisions using initiative to resolve conflicts and exercise judgement on priorities.
- Proactively monitor meeting attendance, taking ownership to ensure enquiries and issues are appropriately delegated and resolved effectively.
- Facilitate all logistical arrangements and ensure all documentation is prepared in advance of meetings.
- Proactive itinerary planning, researching and considering reasonable alternative cost effective travel.
- Maximising cost reduction opportunities, utilising preferred travel provider in line with travel and expenses policy.
- Manage communications, monitor emails, post and calls taking appropriate action, escalating or delegating accordingly.
- Proofread and sense check all communications and documentation, complying with brand and risk procedures.The individual will be proactive, accountable and responsible, handling confidential data and information professionally, attending meetings, taking forward action points and drafting communications, presentations and papers as necessary.
- At least 2 years experience as an Executive Assistant or Personal Secretary to a member of the Senior Management Team in a business environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience to include Excel and PowerPoint, as well knowledge of Microsoft Word functions such as Mail Merge
- An adaptable and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you’re looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you have the experience required to be an Executive Assistant please apply online. For any further details please call Owen Armstrong on 02890 242824.
*** Please note if you do not meet the essential criteria you will not be considered for the role***