Vickerstock are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer for our FMCG Client who is based in the Portadown Area. The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- Attend breakdowns to identify and repair faults, working to minimise down time and keep production running;
- Provide technical expertise on preventative and reactive maintenance duties;
- Assist with the installation of any new equipment and machinery;
- Provide technical assistance to other departments on machine capabilities;
- Source, order and collect parts;
- Maintain maintenance records;
- Comply with health and safety and food safety procedures to ensure all duties are executed in a safe manner;
- Any other duties which may be required to ensure the efficient running of the factory.
- Have relevant electrical engineering or electrical maintenance experience gained in a production environment, preferably food production;
- Holds relevant electrical engineering (or similar) qualifications;
- Holds a full driving licence (or has access to a suitable form of transport which meets job requirements in full);
- Can demonstrate good communication skills which meet the requirements of the job in full;
- Has a good general awareness of food hygiene and health and safety;
- Has the ability to work on their own initiative, with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team;
- Has a flexible approach to working hours.
This is a full-time role and working hours will be based on working 5 days out of 6, Monday to Saturday. Regular Saturday work will be required.
Although working hours are mainly day shift (with occasional evening shift call-outs), a flexible approach to starting and finishing times will also be necessary as this will vary according to operational requirements.