Terex are recruiting for an Electrical Commissioning Engineer to join our growing team at Terex Washing Systems in our Dungannon site. This is a key role within the engineering team and offers excellent career opportunities both within Terex Washing Systems and the wider Terex group.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
Electrical Commissing Engineer
Working within the existing Electrical team, the Electrical Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for the commissioning and testing of various aspects of machine control systems used on the Terex Washing Systems range of equipment manufactured in our Dungannon facility along with the opportunity to influence product design and development.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- On site installation, commissioning and sign off on all aspects of the electrical installation and control systems used within the Terex Washing Systems product line.
- Providing input to system specifications and design to enable accurate costings, improved product design and customer satisfaction.
- Liaison with a wide range of stakeholders, mechanical and application engineering, project site staff, aftermarket support, suppliers and other relevant parties
- Experienced in carrying out installation, replacement, servicing, calibration, commissioning, on 3 phase electrical systems, e.g. Variable Frequency Drives, Soft starts, contactors, motors, etc. and control systems e.g. sensors, detection, measurement, PLC based systems
- Assisting management on delivery of the project to the required standard, on time and within budget.
- Provide feedback and follow up on required plant alterations, drawing revisions for specific customer installations and general continuous improvement.
- Stay abreast of new developments in components and control system technology to nurture innovative control solutions
- Operate under the company’s Quality and Environmental standards and procedures.
- Always working to Terex’s Health and Safety policy and procedures and customer’s site rules
Experience & Qualifications:
- Time served Industrial Electrician with automation control experience or Suitably qualified Electrical / Electronic Engineer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in AC&DC Electrical systems and knowledge of 3 phase.
- Extensive experience in installation testing & fault finding on industrial electrical control panels
- Proven ability to select & size AC electrical switchgear, cables and drives for materials processing equipment
- Familiarity / understanding of standard Engineering Practices and Standards
- Experience of Product testing procedures, documentation and validation
- Understanding of PLC control system software, creation, modification and validation
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics and engineering drawings to a high standard
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead projects from conception to on time delivery would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in E3 and or Harness 3D modelling
- Experience with EN ISO 13849 & IEC 60204 would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A “Can do” attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines.
- Able to select from multiple design alternatives when a clear best choice is not evident.
- Able to investigate root cause of control system non-performance.
- Can identify risks both technical and commercial with proposed product change or new product
- Position is based in Dungannon, N. Ireland.
- Extensive Travel will be required.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary plus a whole range of benefits, to include pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers among others.
We reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short listing stage, if required.
Closing date for applications is Monday 24th September
TEREX is an equal opportunity employer and appointments are based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.