Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £10000 - 20000
Updated 2 weeks ago
A great opportunity has arisen with our client and we are currently seeking an experienced Duty Manager.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that caring, courteous service is provided at all times. In the absence of the Manager and Assistant Manager (if applicable), responsibility for facets of the premises in order to maximize unit profitability and continually strive for improvement. To set a good example to the whole unit by upholding a high degree of Company discipline, whilst at the same time creating a fun, team environment.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role would be:
Provision of Excellent Customer Service
* To ensure a high level of customer service at your premises at all times, ensuring that the customer always comes first and that there is management presence on the floor during peak trading hours.
* To encourage the team to upsell by identifying selling opportunities and handling customer’s needs individually
* To ensure that the basic service duties are in compliance with Company standards.
Profit and Turnover
* To assist with the management of variable costs such as wages, heat and light, and to ensure that equipment is properly used to avoid unnecessary repair or replacement.
* To provide ideas, suggestions and feedback to the Manager with regards to promotions and entertainment.
* To actively promote the sales for functions / events etc, and to ensure that staff are also involved in promoting such events.
* Good standard of secondary education essential, ie, Maths and English GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above
* NVQ Level 3 in Hospitality Supervision or equivalent preferred.
* Basic Food Hygiene Certificate essential
* Level 1 Wine Certificate preferred
Skills and Experience
* Minimum 1 year’s experience at a management level within a busy licensed premises.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel preferred.
* Knowledge of Micros or equivalent touch screen system preferred.
* Proven track record of stock management on a day-to-day basis
* Proven track record of staff training on a day-to-day basis