Director of Finance Job - 1 year contract - City Centre £48,000 - £53,000
Director of Finance Job – 1 year contract – City Centre £48,000 – £53,000
Your new company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting on behalf of one of Northern Ireland’s most influential and prominent brands/organisations based in the heart of Belfast for the appointment of a Director Of Finance for a fixed term contract of up to 51 weeks.
Your new role
Reporting directly in to the Chief Executive, this position will lead the finance department in financial planning and reporting and will play a lead role in continuous improvements throughout the accounts function.
The Director of Finance will take the lead responsibility for the provision of:
Direction and management of the Finance Department including management of financial resources ensuring value for money and efficiency across all activities.
- Strategic leadership in establishing and implementing a procurement framework and associated processes and procedures.
- Financial leadership in developing financial strategies which contribute to the achievement of corporate aims and objectives.
- Specialist strategic and professional financial advice to the CEO, Senior Management Team and the Board to ensure that management decisions are taken on the basis of accurate up-to-date financial information and analysis.
- Ensure that proper financial controls and monitoring are in place to ensure the financial regularity, propriety.
- Development and implementation of professional standards and best financial practice, including compliance with all public finance regulatory requirements.
Funding & Monitoring The Director of Finance will:
- Oversee the financial management associated with capital projects in line with policies, strategies and procedures and also in line with the Department of Finance, and our sponsor the Department for the Economy and wider public sector guidance including European Funding guidance.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the audit and control procedures, ensuring adherence to government and EU regulations.
- Oversee management responses to any internal and external audits of the various funded programmes.
Leadership & Management
- Provide positive and professional leadership to staff in the Finance Directorate, focusing on strategic direction and establishing and maintaining high standards of financial management to ensure it meets its corporate objectives.
- To provide regular budget management and financial matters reports to the Senior Management Team.
- Developing the reporting capability of the finance function to ensure it meets the requirements.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility for the provision of financial services whilst retaining overall accountability for the delivery of those services.
- Provide advice and support to the Board and/or its sub committees on matters relating to any issue within the remit of Finance.
- Liaise with relevant Department personnel on matters pertinent to the effective management of the Board’s financial business.
- Ensure Information Management and Compliance (Freedom of Information, Data Protection and Public Records Act).
- Ensure financial functions are fit for purpose in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with statutory and best practice governance and accountability.
- To be responsible for the effective use and deployment of the budget to Divisions and to take responsibility for overall financial control ensuring that adequate financial and accounting arrangements are in place.
- Ensuring the implementation of best financial practice and compliance with government accounting requirements through the review, development and application of robust financial policies and procedures (Financial Procedures Manual).
- Developing the financial expertise of staff across by leading the implementation of appropriate training and support in relevant areas of financial management and value for money.
- Overseeing / ensuring timely and accurate production of Annual Accounts, liaising with external audit to resolve any issues in relation to the Audit of the financial statements, presenting the financial statements to the Audit Committee and Board for approval.
- Establishing and implementing a robust and appropriate procurement framework, in accordance with relevant government and EU guidelines and legislation and securing relevant approvals.
- Full documentation of the relevant organisational policies and procedures for procurement.
- Developing the procurement expertise of staff across TNI by leading the implementation of appropriate training and support and ensuring compliance to established procedures.
- Ensuring all audit recommendations are implemented in full.
As a member of the Senior Management Team the Director of Finance will have a number of additional responsibilities including: -People Management
- Provide leadership, motivation and coaching to the divisional team.
- To be responsible for the career development and training of all staff within the division.
- Drive accountability and ensure that staff are aware of and work towards the achievement and implementation of the operating plan.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Play a full and active part in corporate planning processes.
- Act as a constructive, innovative member of the Senior Management Team, in partnership with other Directors, sharing collective responsibility.
- Provide vision and strategic direction to the division including the development of annual plans including key objectives, measures and targets.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A third level qualification or a professional qualification of an equivalent or higher standard.
- Be a qualified accountant and have been fully qualified for at least 3 years, having successfully completed the professional examinations and be a member of one of the professional accountancy bodies
- At least 3 years’ experience at a senior level with a successful track record in:
- Provision of financial accounting information and advice;
- Management of strategic financial planning and budget process;
- Financial Management and Reporting;
- Corporate Governance: experience of evaluating and developing an organisation’s system of internal controls and processes.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive salary combined with flexible working, excellent pension package based in luxury city centre offices.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.