Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £55000 - 65000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Are you a DevOps specialist interested in working in a Digital Innovation Centre housed in Belfast that thinks outside the box, challenges the status quo and pushes boundaries to offer bespoke solutions to its Partners?
VANRATH is excited to be sourcing a DevOps Team Lead for a leading professional services provider that operates in 15 countries, with 25 offices around the globe.
* Work alongside a multitude of exciting clients across a range of platforms and technologies including Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Java, .NET, Open Source and many others.
* Manage digital solutions to operate and then deliver customer expectations.
* Opportunity to develop and progress within the company, with a great career focused on Digital operations and Engineering.
* Collaboration with industry thought leaders along with the most up to date tooling and technologies to maintain current skills through partner network and tech capability including IoT and an Innovation Lab.
* On-going training to develop your skills and interests, including cloud certifications
* Collaborate with the Global Digital Engineering team.
The Ideal Person
* Typically 5 years+ experience
* Experience in cloud-based solutions, both design, maintenance and operations
Leadership skills and experience in both managing teams within development and operations environments
* Can coach and mentor more junior members of staff
* Working with client teams to define solutions and agree operational support, as well guiding the team to develop effective working relationships
* Ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices and patterns
You probably have had experience of some of the following:
* Backend Engineering- experience of enterprise Java, understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks such as ESB ,SOA, microservices and web Services / REST; knowledge of NodeJS, SQL, RDBMS such as MySQL, MSSQL and application servers such as Jboss
* Experience of Jira, ServiceNow, Moodle, QliKView, dotCMS, and WS02
* Understanding of Agile Scrum, XP; experience working in an Agile software development environment and using collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack, etc.
* DevOps – experience of Infrastructure as Code, working in PAAS and orchestration tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform; experience with different Linux distributions; experience of containerising applications; experience of deployment and monitoring technologies and methods
* Cloud – experience of running applications on Azure / AWS / Google using IaaS and PaaS and Cloud-native data storage
Leading Salary ahead of market rate which is negotiable depending on Experience. In addition to a highly competitive salary my client offer the following:
* An environment in which to succeed
* Access to the senior management team
* Accelerated career progression/ training and development plan
* Company pension plan
* Company bonus scheme
* Increasing holiday entitlement
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Gary McMahon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250