Excellent opportunity for Design Engineer based in Dungannon
Job title: Design Engineer
Based at: Dungannon
Contract: Permanent 38 Hours
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Pay Band: £ DOE
Maximus Crushing & Screening are an independent, global manufacturer and distributor of mobile crushing & screening equipment. We manufacture and supply a wide range of mobile crushers and screeners for use in a wide range of applications; mining and quarrying, earthmoving, civil contractors, recycling and material handling industries. Our crushers and screeners are exported throughout the world.
You will be responsible for the design of robust high quality products developing our current product range of machines, creating and maintaining technical documentation including Engineering drawings, Engineering Change Requests and managing the bill of materials.
Key responsibilities will include:
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for
- Designing and developing improvements to the company’s existing product portfolio in the crushing and screening industry
- Providing solutions for the development of new products
- Design using 3D modelling packages
- Produce full manufacturing drawings and Bill of Materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaising with production, team members and maintaining of key interdepartmental relationships
- Project management of design outputs
- Reduce manufacturing costs through improved design and standardization of parts throughout the range of machines working with the production and purchasing departments.
- Investigate and address any customer complaints and provide solutions to any issues they are having.
- Manage the Engineering change request process to ensure all relevant work processes are completed and information relayed to the relevant department.
- Demonstrated engineering expertise, and ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Solid analytical skills and judgment to proactively identify and solve increasingly complex problems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in 3D modelling CAD, either Creo or Solidworks, Microsoft Office and database management tools
Qualification and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related manufacturing engineering discipline required.
- Experience in heavy equipment design, ideally in the crushing or screening industry.
- Hands-on experience with design, engineering and/or fabrication of welded components preferred.
- A good understanding of the various applications that the machines can work in.
- Technical expertise in mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a creative approach for generating new ideas.
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles and industry standards.
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV.