Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 1 day ago
Compliance Analyst, EMEA Control Group
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The ICRM Control Group:
The ICRM EMEA Control Group is based on London and Belfast and is the ICRM function in EMEA responsible for establishing and maintaining the Firm’s Information Barrier to prevent the improper or unintended dissemination of inside information from one area of the Firm to another, to prevent the misuse of inside information, and to provide compliance advice related to the Information Barrier in addition to partnering with the Firm’s Business Selection Group in the conflicts clearance process.
We have a vacancy for an analyst to become a part of the EMEA Control Group in Belfast.
Our training programme provides successful candidates with an excellent opportunity to develop a career as a compliance professional within the financial services sector and attracts talented individuals with experience in various disciplines, including Legal, Audit and Financial Services.
The jobholder is expected to help the team provide best-in-class and timely advice and execution related to watch and restricted list maintenance, conflicts clearance, information barriers advice and public/private classification to the ICG first and second line partners, Product ICRM and Country ICRM.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Belfast Control Group, the position will involve a number of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Analyze new investment banking activity for inside information, watch and restricted list updates, and conflicts clearance purposes
• Partner with the Firm’s Business Selection Group in the conflicts clearance process
• Regularly interact with banking deal teams for transaction updates to ensure the Control Group database and watch and restricted lists remains up-to-date
• Reviewing wall-crossing requests for adherence to policy, imposing relevant restrictions on employees where needed and ensuring appropriate surveillance is put in place
• Imposing firm-wide sales, trading and research restrictions according to internal policy and regulatory requirements
• Ensuring business adherence to the Notification Policy through reviews of Bloomberg news flow and deal-related approval memoranda against the Control Group database
• Assisting with project work on an ad-hoc basis at the direction of the Senior Control Group members
• Developing existing understanding of regulatory regimes which impact Control Group analysis, including UK and Irish Takeover Panel and UKLA rules
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in compliance regulations and requirements, and ICG businesses.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of two years Compliance experience
• Be eager to further develop a career in the field of financial services compliance;
• Have excellent communication and team working skills;
• Have the ability to synthesise large amounts of data, using strong analytical skills to reach a decision/conclusion
• Have excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and individual workload
• Good systems skills, including the full Microsoft Office suite
• Demonstrable ability to deliver with minimal supervision
• Fluency in a foreign language is beneficial
• The successful candidate will be educated to degree standard or above
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer