Job Reference: WW895486
The Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- On site installation, commissioning and sign off on all aspects of the electrical installation and control systems
- Providing input to system specifications and design to enable accurate costings, improved product design and customer satisfaction.
- Liaison with a wide range of stakeholders, mechanical and application engineering, project site staff, aftermarket support, suppliers and other relevant parties
- Experienced in carrying out installation, replacement, servicing, calibration, commissioning, on 3 phase electrical systems, e.g. Variable Frequency Drives, Soft starts, contactors, motors, etc. and control systems e.g. sensors, detection, measurement, PLC based systems
- Assisting management on delivery of the project to the required standard, on time and within budget.
- Provide feedback and follow up on required plant alterations, drawing revisions for specific customer installations and general continuous improvement.
- Stay abreast of new developments in components and control system technology to nurture innovative control solutions
- Operate under the company’s Quality and Environmental standards and procedures.
The Commissioning Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Time served Industrial Electrician with automation control experience or Suitably qualified Electrical / Electronic Engineer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in AC&DC Electrical systems and knowledge of 3 phase.
- Extensive experience in installation testing & fault finding on industrial electrical control panels
- Proven ability to select & size AC electrical switchgear, cables and drives for materials processing equipment
- Familiarity / understanding of standard Engineering Practices and Standards
- Experience of Product testing procedures, documentation and validation
- Understanding of PLC control system software, creation, modification and validation
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics and engineering drawings to a high standard
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead projects from conception to on time delivery would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in E3 and or Harness 3D modelling
- Experience with EN ISO 13849 & IEC 60204 would be an advantage
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page