Experienced Commissioning Engineer required for global heavy engineering manufacturer based in Co Tyrone. Essential to have strong electrical and mechanical background and be willing to travel globally when required.
COMMISSIONING ENGINEER JOB REF: 0428
Our client is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. They deliver solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
Due to expansion the company are now recruiting for an Electrical Commissioning Engineer to be based at their Dungannon site. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organization that can offer long term career opportunities.
Working within the existing Electrical team, the Electrical Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for the commissioning and testing of various aspects of machine control systems used on the range of equipment manufactured in their Dungannon facility along with the opportunity to influence product design and development.
- On site installation, commissioning and sign off on all aspects of the electrical installation and control systems used within the product line.
- Providing input to system specifications and design to enable accurate costings, improved product design and customer satisfaction.
- Liaison with a wide range of stakeholders, mechanical and application engineering, project site staff, aftermarket support, suppliers and other relevant parties
- Experienced in carrying out installation, replacement, servicing, calibration, commissioning, on 3 phase electrical systems, e.g. Variable Frequency Drives, Soft starts, contactors, motors, etc. and control systems e.g. sensors, detection, measurement, PLC based systems
- Assisting management on delivery of the project to the required standard, on time and within budget.
- Provide feedback and follow up on required plant alterations, drawing revisions for specific customer installations and general continuous improvement.
- Stay abreast of new developments in components and control system technology to nurture innovative control solutions
- Operate under the company’s Quality and Environmental standards and procedures.
- Always working to the Health and Safety policy and procedures and customer’s site rules
Experience & Qualifications
- Time served Industrial Electrician with automation control experience or Suitably qualified Electrical/Electronic Engineer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in AC&DC Electrical systems and knowledge of 3 phase.
- Extensive experience in installation testing & fault finding on industrial electrical control panels
- Proven ability to select & size AC electrical switchgear, cables and drives for materials processing equipment
- Familiarity/understanding of standard Engineering Practices and Standards
- Experience of Product testing procedures, documentation and validation
- Understanding of PLC control system software, creation, modification and validation
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics and engineering drawings to a high standard
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead projects from conception to on time delivery would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in E3 and or Harness 3D modelling
- Experience with EN ISO 13849 & IEC 60204 would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A “Can do” attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines.
- Able to select from multiple design alternatives when a clear best choice is not evident.
- Able to investigate root cause of control system non-performance.
- Can identify risks both technical and commercial with proposed product change or new product
- Extensive Travel will be required.
Contact Conor Gallagher for a confidential chat or submit your CV via the link.
The Company reserves the right to vary criteria at the shortlisting stage.
Spectrum Employment Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
SPECTRUM EMPLOYMENT SOLUTIONS comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and collects, processes and stores all personal data solely for the purpose of finding applicants suitable employment opportunities. By submitting your personal details (CV) to us, you are giving us consent to process and store your data for this purpose. We only share your personal data with third party processors and with potential employers who are essential for us in providing this service.