Civil Engineers required for Surfacing works throughout Northern Ireland
Expert are currently recruiting for a Site / Civil engineer to work with their Civil Engineering Contractor on a Permanent basis. The successful candidate will have at least 1-2 years Post graduate site experience and it is desirtable that they have worked on Civil Engineering / Surfacing projects. Projects in be based in North Down, Antrim and Co Derry . Duties to include:
- Ensuring that health and safety is given the highest priority in delivery in the delivery of their works
- Ensure that sufficient information is available on drawings and sketches to set out the works in accordance with the programme and to resolve any inconsistencies in the information provided including feedback on any changes made
- Setting out the works in accordance with the contract requirements before work is programmed to commence.
- Arrange and allow time for independent checking where required.
- Develop programmes with senior engineer and simple benchmark productivity measures for the workforce and assess actual programme and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings.
- Communicate with foremen, gangers, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Check the works during progress and on completion to ensure that it has been constructed in line with the setting-out information provided, measured and signed off before covering up and that information is passed to the QS and QA function.
- Communicate to the QA and QS engineer non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Taking off and site measures of materials to allow them to be controlled ordered efficiently and accurate reconciliations to be developed for the weekly review.
- Take receipt of materials and check description, quality, markings and condition before signing for and ensure that all tickets are passed to the section engineer for coding.
- Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation, as required by these statements and plans, is produced in a timely manner.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance.
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
– Engineering related degree – Civil Engineering or Construction, Engineering & Management
– 1-2 years site experience
– proficient with Total Station / GPS
Please contact Kevin on 028 777 67463 for further information.
Expert are acting as both an Employment Agency and Business on behalf of their client.