Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary See description
Updated 5 days ago
Category Buyer Crumlin, Co. Antrim £Excellent DOE
Crumlin, Co. Antrim
Our client researches and develops innovative, high quality solutions designed to make diagnostic testing more accurate. They are now looking for a Category Buyer to join their team.
This is an incredible opportunity for a procurement professional with a CIPS qualification (or the willingness to work towards this) to advance their career with an international scientific company.
Specialising in this niche area, you will gain in-depth experience and broad insight into processes and practices that will increase your future worth and enhance your portfolio of work.
What’s more, you’ll discover an international operation with a strong focus on innovation and new medical advancements meaning you will be involved in a number of engaging projects and exposed to outstanding technologies.
As a Category Buyer, you will join our client’s Supply Chain department and play a key role in the delivery of materials and purchased products to fulfil business needs.
Specifically, you will negotiate with suppliers to obtain the best rates, monitor cost and explore cost reduction opportunities and place orders for materials, including scientific products for R&D and manufacturing.
Additionally, you will:
– Build mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers for the category
– Ensure the inventory status is maintained to enable continued production
– Communicate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and quality standards are met
– Prepare and issue quotes
– Analyse and evaluate quotes
– Support strategic objectives
– Progress preferred suppliers
Interested? If so, you will need:
– Demonstrable negotiation experience from a similar role
– To be CIPS qualified or have the willingness to work towards this
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– To be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) at least 2:1 in a science, engineering or business-related discipline
Accurate, driven and self-motivated, as a Category Buyer, you’ll also need strong interpersonal skills and a team-focused approach. Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, are also key
To apply for the role of Category Buyer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Category Buyer, Buyer, Procurement Executive, Purchasing Executive, Category Purchasing Executive, Scientific Buyer, Buying Executive, Purchasing Account Manager.