Excellent opportunity for a Care worker based in Carrickfergus, Whitehead and Larne
Job Title: Care Worker
Reports to: Operational Team Leader
Responsible to: Head of Operations
£8.30 per hour – Contact Time
£7.83 per hour – Travel Time
Responsible for providing Domiciliary Care to a range of clients with varying needs and abilities in accordance with Extra Care Policies and Procedures. Domiciliary Care may include routine tasks within or outside the home, personal care of the client and other associated domestic services necessary to maintain an individual in an acceptable level of health, hygiene, dignity, safety and ease in their own home.
At the core of our business are our Purpose, Vision and Values which form the basis of how we expect every employee to perform their duties.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
As A Care Worker I will:-
- Meet the needs of Service Users across Northern Ireland as directed by Extra Care
- At all times work in accordance with Extra Care Policies and Procedures.
- At all times work in accordance with the Standards of Conduct and Practice for Social Care Workers as laid down by Northern Ireland Social Care Council.
- At all times comply with and promote the Purpose, Vision and Values of Extra Care.
- Encourage and promote Service User independence, giving choice and upholding individual rights and dignity.
- Complete all hours and tasks as allocated on my rota and ensure they are conducted in accordance with the time allocated and tasks as detailed in the Care Plan.
- Promote safe practice at all times and ensure that all equipment provided is used for its intended purpose and in accordance with training, Risk Assessments and Extra Care Policies and Procedures.
- Assist Service Users to carry out self-care tasks including getting in and out of bed, washing, dressing, showering, oral hygiene, continence care, catheter and stoma care.
- Prompt, remind or administer medication as appropriate.
- Provide a sitting service for a period of time to carry out tasks and provide company to the Service User.
- Prepare and provide meals and drinks in accordance with Care Plan.
- Complete good quality and accurate records in accordance with Extra Care`s Policies and Procedures.
- Report any accidents/incidents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Report immediately if access has not been gained to a Service User’s call
- Report and record any concerns or changes regarding the wellbeing of a Service User in a timely manner.
- Treat all information regarding colleagues, Service Users and their families, which may be gained in the course of the role, with respect and in a confidential manner.
- Participate in formal, informal, individual and group supervisions/meetings as required.
- Participate in training as required.
- Ensure NISCC Registration is maintained.
- Carry out any other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
Benefits of working for Extra Care:
- Paid Induction Training and regular updates.
- Career development opportunities.
- Full support from office staff and access to an on call service for emergency situations out of hours.
- Excellent rates of pay including travel time.
- Workplace Pension scheme.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per annum.
- Regular supervisions and appraisals’.
- Free uniform and protective equipment provided.
- Refer a Friend Scheme
Additional company benefits
- Guaranteed Hours Contracts
- Full Time and Part Time Contracts
- Pension Scheme
- Equivalent of 5.6 weeks holiday
- Free Uniform
- 3 Days Paid Induction Training
- Paid Shadow Shifts
- Supervision and Support
- Refresher Training
- Refer A Friend Scheme
Please click here to view full job description
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be linked to the company website
Closing date 30th September 2018 @ 12:00