Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £35000 - 45000
Updated 3 days ago
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for a Business Development Manager on behalf of a leading company.
Business Development Manager
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for a Business Development Manager on behalf of a leading company that acquires, strengthens and grows vertical market technology companies. Focused on English speaking countries within Europe, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving all business development activities to build a pipeline of M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) opportunities.
* Executing on existing go-to-market plans targeting financial service software businesses to build and grow a pipeline of M&A opportunities in assigned territory and industry
* Identifying, contacting, (including cold-calling, email, LinkedIn and other sources) scheduling appointments and developing relationships with owners of vertical market software companies
* Understanding the acquisition criteria and unique value proposition and engaging in meaningful dialogue with owners of software business through verbal and written communication
* Developing and executing on tailored digital marketing campaigns which relate directly to the buyer persona and target vertical markets of the portfolio
* Generating and reporting on leads, setting up qualified appointments and moving opportunities through the M&A pipeline
* Arranging roadshows, identifying and attending relevant conferences and tradeshows to generate leads and build relationships with prospects
* Travel (approximately 50%) throughout Europe with international travel as required
* 3-5 years experience and proven success within a Business Development role in the software industry
* Experience of building sales campaigns and leveraging digital marketing campaigns to generate leads
* Basic financial literacy including an ability to read basic P&L and Balance Sheets
* Self-motivated, hands-on attitude with a sense of urgency towards driving sales and marketing lead volumes to generate a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities
* Strong judgment, empathy and relationship building skills to facilitate productive sales meetings with business owners
* Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable confidence and excellent presentation skills regardless of stakeholder level
* Collaborative and team oriented approach with desire to leverage technical experts and senior management to assist in maximizing and closing opportunities as appropriate
* Flexible, adaptive and critical thinker with excellent problem-solving ability
* Ability to work under pressure whilst still meeting ambitious set targets and deadlines
* Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time to fully meet the needs of the role
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Business
* Experience of working in a high volume, metrics driven sales environment, ideally in software, a venture backed SaaS company or financial services firm
* Preference given to individuals with the industry experience and/or experience of selling to small business owners
* Financial services industry experience is ideal
* Additional European language capability e.g. French or German are assets
The successful Business Development Manager will enjoy a competitive salary circa £40,000 depending on experience plus bonus with OTE of £70,000.
The Business Development Manager role will be based in Belfast or can be based out of Dublin if preferable.
If you would like to discuss this Business Development Manager job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.