Exciting opportunity for a Assistant Bid Writer to join a main contractor and gain experienced with an established Bid team. Salary £35-35k, negotiable on experience.
Job title: Assistant Bid Writer
Salary Range: £25-35K (negotiable on experience).
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with an established building and construction contractor based in Northern Ireland to recruit an experienced Assistant Bid Writer to join their team.
This established contractor are a leader in the Northern Irish construction industry and specialise in large unique multi-million pound projects throughout the UK, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build a career within this ambitious contractor and will gain first hand on the job experience on some of the most prestigious projects within the within the residential, retail, commercial, educational, leisure & health sectors.
- Identify opportunities via online client portals and tender notices.
- Retrieve PQQ / tender documentation from portals as identified, or as directed by the pre-construction manager
- Undertake and complete PQQ submissions and technical / compliance information to accompany tender bids and responses to expressions of interest.
- Complete submissions required to pre-set deadlines and/or as required by the pre-construction manager.
- Liaise with the awarding authorities regarding any clarifications or amendments to PQQ notices required.
- Ensure all bids are accurately completed and represent the company experience and abilities in the best possible way to secure the tender opportunity from the PQQ submission and/or contract when tendering.
- Ensure all submissions are uploaded (if applicable), printed, packaged and delivered in the format and media type required and within the deadlines established.
- Follow the company’s ISO 9001 management procedures throughout.
- Develop a good understanding of awarding authorities’ vision, strategy and plans in order to maximise new business generation opportunities.
- Gather and develop information relating to specific tenders, relative projects and long term opportunities.
- 3+ years’ experience in tender writing and PQQ coordination within a construction company
- Degree qualified within a construction related sector.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent project record in writing bids that win
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and stakeholders
- Must be willing to attend tender meetings in NI and the UK
- Experience within main contracting or fit out would be beneficial
- Ability to manage numerous bids at once
If you are looking to advance your career and fit the above criteria, contact Paul McGinn on 02890 313 720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV.