Excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant based in Craigavon / Lurgan
Assistant Accountant (Fixed Term Contract for 18 Months)
Salary- £25,000 per annum
Glanbia Cheese Ltd. is seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant at the Magheralin site on a fixed term contract basis for 18 months. The successful candidate will be required to assist the Plant Controller in the provision of effective accounting, financial & non-financial management reporting and to provide departmental support on keys areas of the business. To support and challenge the site team in the continual business improvement process and delivering the overall site initiatives
Examples of Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist in Preparation of weekly accounts including detailed analysis of variances versus budget.
- Provide support to the Finance team in the preparation of the monthly accounts
- Preparation and interpretation of weekly variance reports (usages & costs)
- Issue weekly Stats reports – Performance Indicators / Yield & Efficiency reports.
- Undertake regular stock checks of raw materials / maintenance spares / finished goods to ensure accuracy of the records in accordance with internal audit specifications.
- Assist the Plant Controller in the provision of timely financial and non-financial information and services to the site SMT team
- Provide support to the SMT in the day to day problem solving / decision making in the running of all site operations.
- Issuing of weekly overtime reports / Goods Receipts (GRIR).
- Invoice scanning / Accounts Payable queries (Issues Log)
- Support Department Managers with budgetary control ~ monitor and report on their departmental expenditure versus budget, particularly labour (numbers/hours/costs) and overhead expenditure by cost centre
- Provide support to the site departmental management in the preparation of their annual departmental budgets.
- Provide holiday & other absence cover for the Finance Department.
- Proactive involvement in specific site projects as required by site management
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Graduate – Accounting / Business
- Part Qualified Accountant – Stage 1 (e.g. CIMA, ACCA)
- Part Qualified Accountant – Stage 2 (e.g. CIMA, ACCA)
- Part Qualified Accountant – Final Stage (e.g. CIMA, ACCA)
- Must be IT proficient and competent in use of SAP and Excel Spreadsheets
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a commercial/operational accounting role.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge & understanding of financial management systems.
- Good communication skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Proactive with strong organisation and planning skills
- Adaptable to short & long term change
- Accounting experience in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Understanding of operational management information and its significance
If interested in applying for this role, please return a CV and monitoring questionnaire by Tuesday 25th September 2018
The salary for this role will be £25,000 (pro-rata) depending on experience, along with an attractive benefits package.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer”