Excellent opportunity for a Anti-Money
Laundering Adviser based in Belfast
Anti-Money Laundering Adviser
Fixed Term Position – 12 Months
Reference 00249 – Please quote this reference on all correspondence
Location Donegall Square West, Belfast
Are you interested in working within an AML environment?
The successful candidate will be required to assist the Manager, Anti-Money Laundering in a number of day to day tasks. These will include the assessment and processing of Suspicious Activity Reports, the review of customer accounts and relationships following unusual or complex transactions, advice and guidance to the first line of defence in responding to mailbox queries (on boarding and ongoing due diligence).
The role includes liaison with external law enforcement agencies and also with Group colleagues on various projects and work streams requiring AML input.
The role provides an opportunity to further develop the following skills:
- Analytical approach and problem resolution.
- Oral and written interpersonal skills.
- Decision making skills.
The job holder’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Support the AML Manager in the identification, management and mitigation of the Anti-Money laundering risks to Danske Bank through the provision of advice, guidance and support to the business and liaison with external bodies.
- Support the AML Manager in developing and maintaining a sound Anti Money Laundering culture in the Bank through the provision of advice, guidance, instruction and support to Managers and staff in Danske Bank.
- Review, research and evaluate AML Suspicious Activity Reports, make recommendations to the AML Manager on whether to submit a Disclosure Report to the relevant authority and preparing submissions where required.
- Review customer accounts and relationships which are highlighted by unusual or complex transactions.
- Liaise with representatives of Law Enforcement Agencies, The National Crime Agency, The Serious Fraud Office and HM Revenue & Customs on AML issues e.g. dealing with enquiries, provision of information required under legal orders, , providing expert witness testimony to the courts etc.
- Ensure that all business areas are in receipt of AML policy and procedure and monitor adherence in order to ensure compliance with external/regulatory requirements and minimise risk to the Bank.
- To manage and maintain the AML database and assist the AML Manager in the analysis of trends and identification of issues.
- Provide advice and guidance from an AML perspective to projects/work streams as required including participation in project meetings/working groups as required.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the activities carried out on behalf of the Bank by areas of
- Danske Bank Group, and deal with related enquiries from these areas
- Deputise for the AML Manager as and when required, in respect of meeting attendance, decision making and provision of guidance to other Business Units in the Bank.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Diploma in Financial Services or relevant 3rd level qualification
- Good knowledge of AML procedures and processes (including those associated with onboarding and ongoing due diligence)
- PC Literate – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge and experience of determining risk from a money laundering perspective
- Experience of analysing information/data and presenting the results in an easily understood format
- Good knowledge of “Know Your Customer” principles and how these link with Money Laundering
- Risk Scoring/AML risk factors
- Previous experience of dealing with external law enforcement agencies relating to AML and financial crime
- Previous experience of working in a financial crime role in the financial services industry
- Effective planning, organising and time-management skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative and deal with issues outside of immediate area of responsibility
- Structured approach to problem solving with ability to make logical, well balanced decisions
- Accuracy and detail focused
- Confident in interacting with others at all levels
- Has the ability to establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Driven to achieve personal and operational goals
- Laundering Adviser
- Fixed Term Position – 12 Months
- Active Team player
- Confident, clear and concise communicator
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
Hours of Work will be 35 hours per calendar week. These hours may be averaged over a longer reference period in accordance with the needs of the business, and may include working on Sunday.
In the first instance your hours will be arranged between 8.00am and 8.00pm Monday to Saturday.
These are the Bank’s normal hours of work. If you are required to work alternative patterns which include
Sundays you will be paid in accordance with the payment arrangements, set out in the Business
Procedures, which apply to this type of working in your line of business.
You may be required to work additional hours as the needs of the Bank demand. Details of the terms applicable are to be found in the Human Resources – Danske Bank Northern Ireland Business Procedures.
£18,470 – £28,859 dependent upon previous experience
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date for applications – 12 Midnight on Tuesday 25 September 2018
Please see questions for the application below.