Excellent opportunity for Administrative Assistant based in Belfast.
Salary: Grade 4 points 14-19, currently £20,836 – £24,029 gross per annum
Responsible to The Administrative Officer, Anne Farren.
Job Purpose Provide a comprehensive administrative support service to the Principal and two Senior Tutors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative/secretarial support to two Senior Tutors to contribute to the efficient and effective delivery of the business of the office e.g. diary management, preparation of reports; drafting and typing of correspondence in line with College standards
- Provide administrative support, carrying out a range of specialist administrative duties which involve using initiative and making decisions and managing own work from start to finish
- Responsible for working in line with data protection requirements and adhering to appropriate requirements for confidentiality
- Use and maintenance of databases as shown, software packages and ICT systems
- Organise events / conferences as required, by coordinating the associated arrangements and liaise with the relevant parties to ensure the events are administered effectively e.g. cost, time, attendance, room bookings, hospitality requirements, travel arrangements etc.
- Production of name cards, notices, signage, delegate packs etc.
- Act as initial point of contact for queries, ensuring all internal and external enquiries are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Respond to telephone and e-mail enquiries from external and internal clients in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of internal and external bookings.
- Support the work of the office by organising and servicing meetings, preparing and circulating agendas, reports and minutes and compiling action lists ensuring that all actions are followed up
- Attend meetings to undertake minutes and notes
- Word process documents as directed such as letters, reports, minutes, articles, papers, exam questions, hand-outs, memos and send as directed
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive filing system
- Record and update information using a computerised filing system to monitor, retrieve and maintain records
- Assist senior tutors and colleagues to continuously improve the service provided
- Assist in the monitoring of budgets by ensuring that purchase orders and invoices are processed within the appropriate procedures
- Conduct and collate analysis of information, data and/or calculations and present results accurately and appropriately in accordance with relevant procedures
- Follow up, as directed, actions arising from incoming mail
- Answer general queries by telephone and deal with enquiries professionally
- Undertake photocopying or scanning and make arrangements for printing and distribution as necessary
- Provide cover and/or additional support for the Receptionist by answering and directing incoming calls and weighing/franking mail
- Provide general support to colleagues as directed by the Administrative Officer to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the office. For example, registration input, absentee register, sending large mail shots
- Liaise with Senior Tutors to ensure information provided to students is accurate and timely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with line manager, colleagues, and College staff and students
- Plan and prioritise workload within a general schedule to meet identified targets and deadlines on an ongoing basis, reacting to changing priorities with minimal supervision
- To undertake all work in compliance with College policies and regulations and to ensure at all times to promote equality of opportunity and non-discrimination in accordance with the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To comply with staff responsibilities under the College Health and Safety Policy
- Undertake duties and responsibilities in a courteous and helpful manner
- Such other relevant duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Please click here for full job description
Please click here for Applicant Information Pack
To apply for this role
And to find out more information about the role, selection criteria and to obtain an application form, download an application pack please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 12.00 noon on Monday 24th September 2018.
St Mary’s University College is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Members of the Protestant community are currently under-represented among the staff. Therefore applications from this section of the community would be particularly welcome.