accounting technician , accounts assistant, restructuring services, corporate Finance, Belfast, excellent salary, market leading team , career progression
My Client, a leading professional services team with a reputable Corporate Finance/ Restructuring Services team based in Belfast, for an Accounting Technician to join their team. The successful Accounting Technician will join a dynamic, forward thinking team and willplay a important role in managing some of Ireland’s largest corporate and personal restructuring assignments and portfolios. The role requires an ability to ensure deadlines are met whilst also maintaining and developing key relationships.
The Restructuring Services team provides restructuring, enforcement, insolvency, investigation and advisory services to under-performing companies, portfolios and their stakeholders. The team is supported by a team of specialists in corporate finance, audit, tax and consulting, and/or sector expects. Restructuring Services includes both pre-insolvency and insolvency services the successful candidate will benefit from a varied and challenging work load.
- Maintenance of all accounting entries for a portfolio of clients.
- Monitoring rent payments and maintaining a rental income schedule for all let assets.
- Opening files on new instructions: conflict checks/borrower and occupant letters/bank accounts/option to tax.
- Preparation of period accounts, reconciliations, cash flows, budgets, forecasts and final outcome statements.
- Preparation of VAT 833 forms and payments.
- Preparation of statutory Companies House returns.
- Preparation of Receipts and Payments advice.
- Ensure a comprehensive, up to date financial position on each assignment is maintained.
- Responsibility for management supplier & third party accounts.
- Administration associated with the sale of assets and closing cases/connections.
- Financial management of the client portfolio to include billings and work in progress.
- Responsibility for client portfolio and case related correspondence and telephone calls.
- Adherence to internal controls.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the role.
- Provide support and assistance to the senior management and members of the wider team.
- Professional qualification (Accountant Technician) desirable but not essential – Accounting or finance third level qualifications will also be considered for strong candidates with relevant experience.
- Exposure to Property markets advantageous.
- Strong client-centred skills.
- Strong analytical, organisational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and meet targets / deadlines whilst also maintaining accuracy / attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with professionals in legal, property and other professions.
For more information please contact Gemma Murphy in confidence on 07826847333 or email