Organisations across the globe rely on Workday services, support, optimisation, and consulting. We create solutions built on the Workday application that empower customers to become strategic HR organisations, then scales with them as they grow. To date the client offers HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, application optimisation, and consulting services to 500+ customers that represent more than 35 percent of Workday’s customer base.
The Senior Workday Consultant will be fully immersed in the successful implementation of the Workday solution for our clients. The position will work closely with Project Managers, internal consultants and Clients to ensure that system and business requirements are clearly defined, documented and communicated.
- Identify and analyse business needs and requirements, being able to translate technical requirements into business appropriate terminology, advice on best practice.
- Create and develop functional designs and specifications to support tenant build.
- Analyse gaps and complete fit gap documentation.
- Lead the Workday implementation process from start to finish.
- Lead requirements gathering, design, tenant review and other customer facing sessions, as required.
- Turn business requirements into practical solutions appropriate to the customer.
- Perform testing, deployment systems integration; including, testing, and executing the pilot/implementation/ deployment of new or enhanced hardware or software.
- Setting up and using project management processes/systems across work streams including planning of life cycle of the project, identifying key project activities and milestones, etc.
- Consulting with clients on a variety of data integrity issues and leading business practices utilising Workday.
- Conducting product fit analysis.
- Engage with client project managers, defining client strategies and requirements, guiding clients through the implementation process, configuring the application according to customer requirements, developing system interface and data conversion plans.
- Coach team members using previous implementation experience to guide colleagues on best practice in order to assist internal capability growth.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality services and products to clients to maintain and build on reputation and credit-ability.
- Work with clients to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or time frame.
- Ensure the Workday product is built in order to maximise benefit to the client.
- Ensure awareness of future functionality in the Workday bi-annual releases to enable clients to plan for future opportunities.
- Highlight any continuous improvements / lessons learned throughout each project to maximise Professional Services efficiency
Qualifications and Experience
- Business Degree in Management of Information Systems or Human Resources
- Practising Workday HCM/Payroll/Financial Senior Consultant with at least 3 year’s practical experience in the ecosystem working on several client projects
- 3 to 5 years consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a software consulting company.
- Up to date Workday HCM/Payroll/Financial certification
- Possess an advanced knowledge of IT design principles, practices, and theory by providing guidance to others in functional design processes, and completing functional HR/Payroll design docs
- Working knowledge and language of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll
- Proven track record of collaborating with customers to define deployment expectations and ensure consistency with strategic direction
- Experience of working with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company
- Extensive experience of working in client facing roles
This is a fantastic and rewarding role, great benefits whilst working in a modern, funky and relaxed environment. To have a chat about this role in strict confidence please contact Curtis Stewart on 028 9033 0250 or email: