Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £15000 - 20000
Updated 1 week ago
Our Client, a leading Financial company based in Belfast city centre require an Underwriter for their growing business. Due to the nature of this business all candidates will be required to pass a credit check
Adecco’s client BNP PARIBAS a Global Financial Leader ranked 4th in the World who represent some of the UK’s largest Retail Partners in the Personal Finance World are seeking to recruit an Underwriter. BNP PARIBAS help over 27 000 000 customers fund their purchases responsibly . BNP operate in 28 countries offering a wide range of services in the financial sector. This is an amazing opportunity for an Underwriter to work in the city of Belfast for a leading Global Company who is dedicated to developing cutting edge technology within the financial industry
The role of an underwriter is taking responsibility for making lending decisions on credit applications received through our partners in the Retail, Motor and Commercial Insurance sectors. You will also make decisions on credit applications received through our internal lending unit for Personal Loans and Credit Cards. You will contribute to the implementation of Credit Risk, Operational Risk policies, making sure that all conduct risk guidelines are followed.
1. Play a major role in making ‘best practice’ underwriting decisions for:
o Point of sale retail finance
o Personal Lending
o Motor Vehicle Finance
o Commercial Underwriting
o Credit Cards
2. Assist with potential fraud investigations using CIFAS and Hunter
3. Ensuring that all customer contact activities & underwriting decisions are compliant with all relevant regulatory requirements and internal policies.
4. Liaise with Account Managers and Clients providing a dedicated point of contact for all referral decisions
5. Assist with any other duties that may not necessarily form part of the daily role
GCSE Pass or Equivalent in Maths and English
Salary & Benefits
Please send an up to date CV to Leanne Mitchell to apply for this vacancy via the APPLY button below
The Adecco Group UK and Ireland are an equal opportunities provider and are acting as an agency in relation to this vacancy.