Location UK / Lisburn
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £20000 - 30000
Updated 1 week ago
Manpower are recruiting for a Trailer Fitter/Mechanic on behalf of a transport workshop based in Lisburn
Manpower are recruiting for a Trailer Fitter/Mechanic on behalf of a transport workshop based in Lisburn.
Our client are a large Transport company who require a Trailer Fitter to join their workshop team, servicing and maintaining a large fleet of Trucks and Trailers.
We are looking someone with mechanical experience on Commercial Vehicles or Trailers, ideally you will be an experienced HGV Mechanic or an experienced Trailer Fitter/Mechanic.
* Carry out HGV fleet maintenance and mechanical repairs on HGV Trailers
* Prepare trailers to PSV standard
* Liaise with senior staff and work colleagues to identify vehicle problems
* Carry out diagnosis on a wide range of commercial vehicles
* Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
* Complete daily time recording sheets and relevant paperwork/job cards
* Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and in a safe condition
Suitable candidates will need mechanical experience on commercial vehicles/trailers and preferably have experience with diagnostic and electrical systems, however this is not essential.
Working hours will include Saturdays with a day off during the week.
Negotiable salary for the right candidate but you can expect a range at £11 – 13 ph, with a higher rate for Saturdays.