Excellent opportunity for a Tenant Liaison Officer based in Belfast
Job Title: Tenant Liaison Officer
Location: Based in Belfast
Reporting To: Reporting to the Contracts Manager (Social Housing)
Management responsibility For: N/A
Key Job Function: To liaise between tenants, staff, contractors and other stakeholders in enable high quality work within our social housing contracts.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Tenant Liaison Officer is to deliver a first class TLO and administrative support service in a busy environment to the project team, liaising with a wide and diverse customer base in a professional and efficient manner. Delivering an excellent level of tenant liaison to ensure high levels of customer & client satisfaction.
The role will include, but will not be limited to;
- To be the point of contact for tenants at all stages of the works being carried out.
- To deal with and resolve tenant queries and concerns about works being carried out.
- To consult and liaise with internal and external stakeholders (including staff, sub-contractors, clients and tenants) regarding the works being carried out.
- To communicate with tenants and other key stakeholders regarding the works using a variety of media (this includes but is not limited to home visits, community meetings and written communication).
- To inform tenants on all aspects of works including the timescales involved, contractor details, the disturbance that is to be expected, the preparation required by the tenant, the dangers and risks that may be expected (as far as can be foreseen) and the projected final outcome, and how to whom they should raise any queries with including expectations of how and timeline for these to be resolved.
- To prepare, distribute, collect choice packs for tenants.
- To communicate to staff and sub-contractors on the decisions made by the tenants using all required documentation.
- To liaise with the clients and tenants to facilitate arrangements for decanting during the works process as required.
- To monitor and report on the quality of workmanship and sub-contractor performance to the Contracts Manager (Social Housing)
- To evaluation tenant satisfaction and any other improvement initiatives.
- To attend meetings with all key stakeholders (including handover meetings) to ensure effective delivery of the works in line with the programme.
- To complete all administration related to the projects of works.
- To undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably requested by the post holder’s manager.
Key Performance Indicator
The Key Performance indicator for the Tenant Liaison Officer is to deliver a first class TLO and administrative support in a busy environment to the project team, liaising with a wide and diverse customer base in a professional and efficient manner. Delivering an excellent level of tenant liaison to ensure high levels of customer & client satisfaction.
Skills and Qualifications
The Tenant Liaison Officer will have the following qualification or equivalent
- At least 5 GCSE at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics & English Language
- At least 3 years’ experience working in tenancy or customer support role
- Experience in the social housing sector
- Previous experience of dealing with the public in a customer service focused role
- Previous experience of working in client’s own home
- Excellent level of administration skills.
- Previous experience of conducting tenant/customer satisfaction exercises.
- Proven track record of identifying and resolving problems quickly and effectively.
The Tenant Liaison Officer will have a skill base that will include;
- IT proficient – Microsoft packages
- Be strong in verbal and written communication skills
- Be a team leader with motivational and empathy skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
The Tenant Liason Officer will have, or be encouraged to work towards developing the following qualifications and skills;
- Professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Housing.
- 3rd level qualification in a related field
Please click on the APPLY NOW button below
Closing date is 15th August 2018
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy at our own discretion.
We are an equal opportunity employer