Telecoms Shared Services Officer (Fixed Term Contract up to 18 months)
Salary - £28,785 - £35,182 per annum
Closing Date - 10am, Monday 27th August 2018
About the Role:
The purpose of the Telecoms Shared Services Officer is to provide management and formulate strategy, direction, control and effective delivery of Northern Ireland Water’s telecoms vertical real estate.
Key Activities – Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the policy for the use of NI Water lands for the erection of telecommunications apparatus and the independent audits in compliance with the (International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection) ICNIRP.
- Project management for new site development and site sharing agreements to include requirements, specifications, elevation drawings and design agreements.
- Project management of new tower site construction, upgrade of existing sites and liaison with consultant engineers and civil works contractors.
- Manage service provision of site maintenance for: Grounds Maintenance, Building Maintenance, Tower Maintenance, Site Security
- Establishment and management of commercial licence agreements and maintenance of appropriate records
- Developing strategies with 3rd party operators based on engineering principles and technical standards for new site development and management of new site sharing arrangements
- Process analysis and digitisation of workflows and processes to enable improvements in safety, security, productivity and cost efficiency
- Administer costing sheets for site rentals including additions and changes to original licences and management of financial processes concerning site sharing arrangements
- Management of site security, environmental aspects and adherence to health & safety regulations
- Procurement decisions for purchase of Telecom infrastructure recommending best practice and appropriate course of action
- Interact with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels including legal and financial services, 3rd party licencees and operators, and senior personnel within the telecoms industry
- Act as an arbitration manager between wind turbine developers and BT (who process wind turbine applications on behalf of NIW), check monthly returns and approve invoice submissions
- Represent NIW on working groups, workshops, business projects and other meetings on consultative basis and provide feedback as and when required
- Actively seek new opportunities for increasing tower site rental income generation
- Analyze and evaluate potential income generating opportunities, and develop and pursue appropriate market strategies to maximize income from radio towers
NI Water is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Please see Job Description for further details and to apply.