Stores Operator *2
Permanent Full Time position
Salary- £22,149 per annum
Closing Date- 10am, Monday 27th August 2018
About the Role:
To provide a customer focused, professional and efficient administrative support service to all NIW Stores Customers.
The role is important in ensuring that an efficient administrative function is maintained in line with the Customer Service Delivery Business Plan and developed in line with evolving NIW Stores/Stock strategy.
Key Activities – Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Stock Handling
- Issuing and receiving of Operational and Strategic Stock/Materials to include issuing customer orders, receiving Stock from Suppliers, Stock “Binning” and Stock “Picking”.
- Fuel – checking levels & supervising fuel deliveries.
- Other stock “movements” for example returning stock to supplier
- Operation of Fork trucks (both counter balance and Moffett mounted), and telescopic materials handlers.
- Driving courier vans or HGV lorries to transport materials to/from external sites including operational “cages” and strategic stock locations within N.I. as required by Stores Operational schedule and Major Incident needs.
- Handling of chemicals and materials; which fall under the ADR regulations.
- Issue and disposal of bottled water as and when required.
2. Stock Checking and Standards
- Preparation and completion of all relevant stores documentation to the required procedural and auditable standard.
- Checking of all relevant stores documentation for authorisations and accurate codes.
- Preparation for and participation in stock checking process – Weekly Cyclical Counts – Operational “Cage” Counts – End of Financial Year Stock take.
3. Major Incident Equipment
- Routine operational checks on major incident plant and equipment to ensure reliability when the equipment is deployed in an emergency. This equipment includes but is not restricted to Generators, Pumps, Bowsers, Curtain side trailers, tankers etc.
- Identification of plant and equipment malfunction, and reporting to Stores manager.
- Recording of results to spreadsheets as required.
4. Operating Standards
- Participating in developing store layout plan, space utilisation and presentation.
- General cleaning duties within the stores buildings and exterior stores controlled complex.
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements within the role and undertake training as required.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and effective channels of communication with stores colleagues, other CSDD colleagues, other directorate colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Maintain regular dialogue with relevant CSDD field staff in relation to the receipt and provision of information and data.
- Provide a professional Stores Customer enquiry service – by telephone, e-mail or in person.
NI Water is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
CV’S will not be accepted.
Please see Job Description for further details and to apply.