Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £55000 - 65000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Located in Belfast, Northern Ireland, My client's lab utilizes cutting edge technologies to push their network intelligence technologies to the highest levels of performance and capability.
The ideal candidate is a passionate problem solver who is willing to learn new skills and new technologies and to mentor their teammates based on their own experience. Experience with back end development, agile development, configuration and compliance, system administration, and the security industry are strong plusses
This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and talented software developers to be part of the next generation of security solutions with a global market leading company
*Code, code, code. Write code every day. Review code from your teammates. Test your code, test code from your teammates.
*Deliver incremental features with end-to-end ownership. Guide your teammates in taking large features from user requirements to shipping through development and interaction with Product Owners, Architects, Quality Engineering and Release.
*Contribute as a leader in a cross-functional scrum team in charge of delivering new features on a continuous basis using Agile methodologies, Core Java and Distributed System.
*Participate with scrum team to plan and commit to iterations of feature development.
*Ensure commitments are met throughout each iteration of work. Take personal responsibility for the success of the team.
*Actively engage in overall quality engineering through Test Driven Development (TDD) and code reviews.
*Demonstrate eagerness to learn new technologies and explore new problem domains.
The Ideal Person
* Minimum of 1 years’ post graduate experience combined with 1 year placement in agile software development using Java and Spring.
* Dedication, passion, and an eagerness to learn and improve.
* Genuinely excited about creating software.
* Outstanding Java core technical knowledge.
* Security Domain Expertise (not essential).
* Mastery of OOP and design patterns.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Attractive Salary
* Competitive Pension employer contribution
* Company Shares plan
* Generous holiday allowance
* Flexible working and the option to work from home
* Health insurance for you and your family
* Life and disability insurance
* Budget for additional education/development
* Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay schemes
* Childcare vouchers
* Healthy (and some unhealthy) snacks and drinks plus regular office breakfast and lunches
* Monthly outings/Summer party/Christmas party
* 50% off gym membership
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Gary McMahon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250