Excellent opportunity for Software Asset Management Lead Consultant- Northern Ireland.
Title: Software Asset Management Lead Consultant- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
The Software Asset Management Lead Consultant will be the lead for maintaining software-related information in the Software Asset Management (“SAM”) tool/repository related to key software vendors, determining license entitlements owned and maintaining compliance with these key software license agreements.
The Software Asset Management Lead Consultant will manage one or more key software suppliers, collaborating with software budget owners and Procurement, contributing as the SAM expert based on industry best practices. The Software Asset Management Lead Consultant will assist with the implementation of the SAM strategy and will work across multiple IT and Internal groups to ensure that the approach is effectively managed and maintained from a governance and on-going operations perspective.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Understand software Product Use Rights and contractual entitlement requirements for software products and publishers (with a specialty in one or more publishers)
- Organize, research and analyze contracts, purchase records, and other valid software proofs of purchase), to confirm establish an accurate summary of license entitlements owned
- Ensure entitlements and deployments are accurately reflected in the SAM tool/repository (validate that “bundling” is appropriately reflected, ensure that deployment details that affect software consumption for products with complex licensing metrics are appropriately considered/reflected, and reconcile license/asset records with other relevant sources)
- Establish and maintain regular processes to review License Position Reports (evaluating deployments compared to entitlements) for key software vendors (collecting, cleansing and normalize software discovery and inventory information to reflect an accurate view of entitlements held and software deployed).
- Research and resolve data accuracy issues when and as they arise
- Review non-compliant situations, as they may arise, when and as appropriate, by coordinating with budget owners and Procurement to ensure that adequate entitlements are acquired promptly should such a situation arise.
- Maintain the ongoing integrity of all software-related data in the SAM tool.
- Manage software compliance audit(s) initiated by software publisher(s)
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to understand usage, future demand expectations and planned changes. Provide stakeholders guidance based on software license impact/cost.
- Analyze consumption history and trends to provide guidance to budget owners and Procurement with regard to projected future requirements.
- Collaborate with Procurement to assist in negotiations for purchase of software from the key software suppliers to achieve optimal pricing, terms and conditions.
- Independently determines approach to managing projects/teams
- Leads complex/critical program execution
- Leverages quantitative, qualitative and trend data to draw conclusions and to help drive business results
- Anticipates operational issues and develops preventative measures
- Recognizes gaps in processes and recommends holistic solutions
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6 + years of business experience related to software asset management, procurement or software sales that has provided knowledge of software licensing.
- Knowledge of CSAM or CAMP.
- Experience interpreting license and contractual terms/conditions and analyzing purchase records
- Expert knowledge of SAM tool(s), (e.g. Aspera SmartTrack, Flexera, SNOW, License Dashboard, Microsoft SCCM, ADDM, Altiris, Microsoft MAP toolkit, ILMT)
- Main vendor audit experience – Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP
- Experience of implementing Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Experience of policy management systems
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and guiding team members
- Experience in managing relationships with project stakeholders
Hours of Work:
Standard hours Mon – Fri;
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing Date: Friday 17th August 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.