Site Maintenance Technician - Monaghan
Site Maintenance Technician – Monaghan
CPL are delighted to be working with one of Northern Irelands leading pharmaceutical companies in its recruitment of a site maintenance technician.
Due to continued growth, our client is seeking to recruit a Site Maintenance Technician. Based within their Maintenance Department the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out day to day electrical and mechanical maintenance within a manufacturing facility comprising of both preventive and reactive duties.
The candidate is a critical member of Central Services Maintenance team and will take the lead role in maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery forming part of their pharmaceutical manufacturing plant. The individual must also be willing to perform maintenance tasks for production output support as part of a team.
- Perform replacement / diagnosis on electrical equipment including motors, relays, and switches; and set-up sensing mechanism, utilizing hand tools;
- Carry out diagnosis and correct or replace malfunctioning electronic units- printed circuit boards, control cards, PLC
- May carry out assignments such as plant & equipment improvement projects
- Organize safe maintenance principles for regulating and scheduling breakdowns;
- Connect / setup machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and general electrical maintenance using test equipment with key experience in 3 phase power systems
- Complete daily work orders as assigned and update team with daily work reports outlining progress and new issues;
- Identify when external contractor/vendor is required, and work in collaboration with contractor/vendor to complete work;
- Model, implement, and comply with electrical safety rules and related industry regulations;
- Define and follow Standard Operating Procedures for repair of electrical systems;
- Maintenance and repair of production plant and equipment to ensure optimum machinery performance and reduction of downtime;
- Perform fault diagnosis to establish root cause of failure on mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems;
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on plant and equipment as per schedule
- Recording of all work details including equipment issue, time of failure, work carried out, parts used and required follow up actions
- Working with all stakeholders as part of the manufacturing team to ensure machine efficiency and prioritisation of work as agreed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- BTEC Qualification in electrical/mechanical engineering.
- To be proficient in the use of test equipment Inc. amp meters, voltmeters, tracers, and recording devices.
- Sound, control systems awareness with cross functional mechanical experience.
- Experience in carrying out fault finding, reactive maintenance works and installation works.
- Logical and well organised approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised.
- Flexible to work days/shifts/call-out (if necessary, to meet business needs)
- Competitive Salary
- 30 days annual leave allowance (inclusive of 13 shutdown days)
- Free Health & Life Insurance
- Company Pension
- Subsidised Canteen
- Marriage leave
- Long service awards
- Free car parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Occupational sick pay
- Perks discount scheme
- Westfield health benefit
Apply now by clicking the Apply button, or for more information email me (Richard) Or call me 02890 725 632 to discuss in confidence!