Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 4 days ago
VANRATH are delighted to partner with a leading FinTech company to source a highly skilled and highly motivated Senior SQL Server Database Administrator.
My client is an award winning FinTech Company, seeking talented and self-motivated Senior SQL Server Database Administrator to join a high-performance team building a new and revolutionary platform in their transition journey to the cloud. This Person will be instrumental in devising prompt solutions to support mission critical trading systems and downstream middle office and back office database systems.
* Must work efficiently with development, QA and other infrastructure teams to review, test, deploy and troubleshoot any releases.
* Must proactively monitor and keep all mission critical database systems up and running 24/7 and optimize for best performance.
* This position will require supporting and maintaining database servers after hours and weekends. Must be flexible to troubleshoot any issues around the clock and implement any scheduled weekend work.
* Must install and configure SQL Server database servers in AWS.
* Responsible for developing scripts to automate upgrade, deployment, management, and monitoring of any database technology in all environments.
* Responsible for meeting any performance, high availability, and disaster recovery SLAs by effectively utilizing database technologies like replication, clustering, AlwaysOn, mirroring and log shipping.
* Responsible for diagnosing and tuning any database performance issues promptly.
* Must work well individually and as a team player with various teams on various projects. Need to adapt quickly to fast paced, challenging trading platforms.
* Responsible for responding to support escalations which involve troubleshooting complex technical problems and resolving data/configuration issues within defined service level objectives.
* Proactively look for ways to create efficiencies within operations as it pertains to the tools and technology used by my client to support their customer base
* Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
* Create/maintain documentation for operational procedures
* Participate in an on-call rotation
The Ideal Person
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
* Must possess strong Microsoft SQL Server DBA and T-SQL skills
* PowerShell or CMD batch coding skills a plus
* Strong SQL Server transactional replication tuning and troubleshooting skills required
* Minimum 8+ years’ experience in SQL Server database administration required
* Strong experience with the Agile software development methodology and collaboration with internal teams to deliver software and configuration artifacts
* Experience in Financial sector is preferred
* Any previous development experience is a plus.
* PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Athena experience
* Operational experience with cloud management/deployment tools such as Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, and Packer
Leading Salary ahead of market rate which is negotiable depending on Experience. In addition to a highly competitive salary my client offer the following:
* An environment in which to succeed
* Access to the senior management team
* Accelerated career progression/ training and development plan
* Company pension plan
* Company bonus scheme
* Increasing holiday entitlement
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Gary McMahon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250