VICKERSTOCK EXCLUSIVE. Exceptional opportunity for a Senior Production Manager to join a leading Quarry operation in Isle of Man. Competitive Salary & Benefits package.
Senior Production Manager (EXCLUSIVE TO VICKERSTOCK)
Salary: £40k + Benefits
Location: Isle of Man
Reporting to: General Manager
Vickerstock are working exclusively with our partner to recruit an Senior Production Manager (Or experienced Production Manager) to be based in the Isle of Man within our clients Quarry site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning coordination and control of all production operations, ensuring the production facility runs smoothly, meets business and cost efficiency targets, production timeframes and quality standards.
Areas of responsibility will also include health & safety, production, transport, quality control, environment and people management to ensure delivery of a first class service to all internal and external stakeholders and customers.
Senior Production Manager Duties:
- Responsibility for ensuring all products are produced to the highest quality standards and delivered effectively, efficiently, safely, on time and in a cost effective manner.
- Support all production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced.
- Continuous improvement of the efficiency of operations (production, transport etc.) across the island. Ensuring specific KPI’s are defined and achieved or excelled.
- Responsibly for leading on site day-to-day operational and logistical.
- Uphold Health & Safety standard, including delivering Safety Awareness Talks and other training.
- Aim to drive high safety standards whilst maintaining operational efficiencies.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of all Company plant and ensure that all plant is maintained to a high safety and efficiency standard.
- Provide productions plans and produce timely reports to reflect activity and forecast levels of productivity.
- Continually review ongoing performance of production locations, monitoring the effectiveness of the resource and implementing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage budgets and costs effectively in respect of our production processes.
- Assist in staff recruitment and training as/when required to ensure that employees are performing adequately in their role.
- Work in partnership with all support functions (Sales, Quality, Finance, HR, Health & Safety etc.) across the company and partners to meet all inter-Company deadlines.
- Provide a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve operational goals.
- Implement new policies and procedures relating to the production process.
- Ensure effective communication between all Company locations.
Senior Production Manager Criteria:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working at Managerial level with a construction materials company or industry. A working knowledge of quarry and concrete production best practice would be beneficial.
- First had experienced leading and driving a Health & Safety Culture and knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
- Proven experience working with Senior Management.
- Proven experience of leading a team of workers on high value projects.
- Proven history of operational/production excellence, excelling at customer service.
- Understanding of the importance of the link between commercial, planning and operational matters.
- Professional and customer focused approach to all tasks.
- Excellent organisational, communication, planning and people management skills.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Hugh Nugent on 02890 313720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.