Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary See description
Updated 7 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Security Compliance Manager based at the International Airport
Job Title: Security Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Head of Security
Salary: £40,000* per annum
(*commensurate with skills & experience)
Hours of work: 37½ hours per week
Monday – Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and on-call basis
Responsible for the compliance of CAA/DfT and EU Regulations and ensuring the security provider are fulfilling their contract.
Responsible for the development and implementation process to safeguard the aerodrome and civil aviation operations against unlawful interference, by providing a continuous analysis and development of security requirements: physical, technical and staff related.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for compliance monitoring activities (including inspections, audits and covert/overt tests) as part of a comprehensive risk based programme of compliance activity to assess and improve compliance with an extensive range of EC and UK aviation security requirements
2. Where compliance deficiencies are identified, follow a ‘stepped approach’ in accordance with internal procedures and guidance and obtain timely, effective and sustainable rectification action from the entity
3. Be able to identify the reason for any failures, including any underlying causes; presenting often complex findings and difficult messages to senior managers
4. Negotiate and agree with the entity a robust and appropriate action plan to follow up and check implementation progress
5. Ensure accurate, concise and focused results of compliance activity findings are recorded in a timely manner whilst ensuring consideration of the different security aspects and any overlapping relationships
6. Carry out preparation of detailed and politically astute briefing pack to support Director briefings at BIA, maintain a high quality briefing material
7. Liaise pro-actively with representatives to conduct compliance activities in an effective, professional and consistent manner, using appropriate strategies to improve the prospects of achieving continuing compliance
8. Ensure constructive feedback is given to appropriate managers after compliance activity and sharing knowledge and information about relevant requirement
9. Communicate future proofing (eg. Highlight trends/developments), best practice initiatives and the value of internal quality assurance
10. Assist in the reaction to and handling of aviation security incidents as required, properly investigate and follow up actual/alleged breaches of security and assist with the production of appropriate background and protocol; considering subject sensitivity and potential Government/media interest and scrutiny
11. Act as Subject Matter Expert for a designated aviation security policy
12. Proactively research and advanced of developments in lead policy areas assess compliance implications and develop implementation options as required
13. Provide regular and timely communication updates including status reports to senior management within Aviation Security.
14. Participate in any Emergency or Emergency Exercise in accordance with the Emergency Orders
15. Ensure performance and development (PAD) is part of the continuous cycle of performance management in which employee’s individual objectives and Operations development needs are identified, reviewed and planned for, in line with company PAD process
16. Ensure all relevant information is communicated, using appropriate methods, to team members keeping them up to date with company policy and procedures
17. Ensure that all Statutory and Company regulations regarding health and safety, fire and security are followed to protect airport users, staff members and the business interests of the Company.
18. Understand the company vision and pro-actively engage in its values:- Integrity, Inclusiveness, Leadership, Teamwork, Safety & Security, Communication and Positivity, through the Performance and Development Programme.
The above duties are not exhaustive and the Company may require you from time to time to do any reasonable tasks with your capacity.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date:Fri 17/08/2018 12:00:00 PM BST