We’re seeking to recruit an experienced CCTV/ Alarm Engineer for our client based in Belfast. The position is with our long lasting client who specialise in Safety and Security systems with a broad range of customers.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £25,000-30,000 per annum
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be the lead project engineer for the following duties
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of security systems (intruder alarm, IP CCTV, Access Control etc.)
- Depending on workload, you may also be required to input in fire alarms, however your specialism should be as a Security Engineer
- Working towards and exceeding maintenance and fault finding targets.
- Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Commission/ Handover of CCTV, Intruder Alarms and Access Control Systems
- Be part of an call-out rota
- Understanding the clients’ needs and fulfilling all jobs required
- Any other reasonable requests from management
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the company’s policy.
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate will be a professional engineer who will be motivated and diligent on delivering a premium level of customer service
- 2 years+ previous experience within a similar background
- A full clean driving licence will be required for this position, and the successful candidate will be required to participate in a call-out rota
- A thorough understanding of the Security and Fire Industry including NSI & BAFE standards and regulations with a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience
- The capability and experience to lead a project in the complete installation, programming, and commissioning of all types of electronic security systems (Intruder, IP CCTV and Access), to the required NSI Gold standard with minimal supervision
- Some experience in the commissioning of fire alarms (not essential)
- Ability to deliver excellence in customer service throughout the project including at customer handover and delivery of customer training
- Ability to carry out service maintenance visits including all necessary tests, fault finding procedures and repairs on all types of electronic fire and security systems (Fire, Intruder, CCTV and Access)
Hours: Monday-Friday 08.30am-17.00pm + call-out rota
Salary: £25,000-30,000 depending on experience + company vehicle
In accordance with the requirements of the National Security Inspectorate, the candidate will be required to be security cleared Character and Employment references.
If you would like to apply for this role, send us your CV via the link provided or if you would like to discuss this position in absolute confidence, contact our office to speak to one of our consultants at Task Recruitment on 02890421047.