Conference Sales Manager required for Visit Belfast!
Conference Sales Manager
Belfast City Centre
Want to help put Belfast on the map? We’re delighted to be working with Visit Belfast, the official tourism marketing agency for the City of Belfast as they recruit for a Conference Sales Manager to join their city centre based team. Belfast is booming at the minute and Visit Belfast’s role is to encourage businesses and conference organisers to bring their events to the city. Reporting to the Senior Management team the Conference Sales Manager will be responsible for developing relationships with potential clients, promoting Belfast as a destination of choice in order to achieve ambitious growth targets.
- Develop new business through identifying and converting of sales opportunities from national and international conferences, meetings and events.
- Initiate, develop and build strong working relationships with association, corporate and agency clients in national and international markets to maximise sales opportunities for Belfast
- Maximise conversion of sales opportunities through effective sales and pipeline management and CRM (customer relationship management).
- Develop and produce conference bids, proposals and presentations to meet client requirements and present how their conference and event can be delivered in Belfast.
- Proactively work closely with the Ambassador Programme Manager and business tourism team to identify and develop new sales opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with clients and ambassadors to generate and deliver conference and meetings business for Belfast.
- Effectively represent Visit Belfast at industry events, tradeshows, and client events and develop strong working relationships with industry partners and key stakeholders.
- Plan, manage, co-ordinate and deliver sales and marketing activities in key markets including participation at tradeshows, exhibitions and workshop events to effectively promote Belfast as a business tourism destination
We’re looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- 3rd level qualification (Preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior sales position, ideally working with national and international clients
- Experience communication skills and proven experience delivering presentations and proposals at senior level.
- IT proficiency to include the use of a CRM system
- Flexibility regarding travel nationally and internationally
For a confidential chat send your CV through or click apply