R&D Engineering Manager
Antrim The most innovative manufacturing company in N.I have an exciting position for a R&D Engineering Manager based in Antrim Working closely with
R&D Engineering Manager
The most innovative manufacturing company in N.I have an exciting position for a R&D Engineering Manager based in Antrim
Working closely with the Sensor Design Team Manager, you will be responsible for the hardware design and development of tyre pressure sensor modules that will be produced in a high-volume manufacturing environment. You will also be working in conjunction with the functional and project management team
Liaising with engineering teams, you will be expected to provide effective, efficient and continuous improvement of hardware product development processes, as well as supporting the ongoing evolution and measure of the team capabilities and performance.
R&D Engineering Manager duties:
- Ensuring day to day staff management of the Sensor Hardware team.
- Managing team member’s performance and supporting the ongoing development of team members.
- Develop team training matrix to develop team and team member skills.
- Ensuring sensor hardware products are developed in line with our NPDE^2 development process
- Keep abreast of current and emerging hardware technologies and tools in an effort to achieve ?right first time mind-set? and adoption of best practices into the sensor hardware team to provide best in class project execution.
- Grow relevant simulation capability within the team in an effort to reduce project development times through increased efficiency.
- Support functional team when issues arise and develop plans to support customer during escalation and problem resolution
- Continuously striving to improve and maintain team motivation and morale
- Develop recruitment strategy working closely with HR and developing links with Universities and Further Education
- Contribute to the overall team/departmental strategy.
- Ensure compliance at all times with company and relevant regulatory standards.
R&D Engineering Manager Criteria:
- Honours degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role and significant practical experience of leading an engineering team.
- You will be able to demonstrate a positive attitude together with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- We are looking for someone with the ability to inspire a team and a proven track record of delivering Product Development on time and within budget.
Please contact Padraig on the details above for more information on this fantastic position!