Greater Belfast Our ever-growing client based on the outskirts of Belfast have a fantastic vacancy for a Quality Engineer to join their vastly experienced team, involved i
Our ever-growing client based on the outskirts of Belfast have a fantastic vacancy for a Quality Engineer to join their vastly experienced team, involved in the manufacturing of life changing products!
Reporting to the Quality Manager and working in tandem with R&D and Manufacturing teams you will ensure all quality and regulatory requirements are in place for all new products : this includes Reviewing and improving our systems, implementing change where appropriate and ensuring compliance with the QMS
The successful candidate will also be tasked with carrying out audits of relevant processes as per schedule and implement changes as required.
Quality Engineer duties:
- Work with other departments as required to implement, enhance and maintain relevant processes as required by the quality management system.
- Continually review quality processes and recommend improvements to improve quality, efficiency and output.
- Investigate quality issues and document corrective actions liaising with the relevant departmental representatives to ensure sustained ongoing adherence to quality system requirements.
- Assist with process validation activities, providing guidance to relevant personnel ensuring appropriate protocols and reports are completed.
- Develop and monitor quality metrics and implement improvement activities as required, in collaboration with relevant personnel.
- Work as part of the NPD team to ensure that new products are introduced in compliance with regulatory and company quality requirements.
- Provide regular and ad hoc feedback on quality related issues and work with relevant personnel to ensure compliance and implement improvements.
Quality Engineer Essential Criteria:
- A degree / HND or equivalent qualification in an engineering, scientific or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a volume manufacturing environment or similar as a Quality Engineer.
- Experience in the conduct of internal quality audits
- Experience of using problem solving and root cause analysis tools (8D, FMEA etc)
- Quality Engineer Desirable Criteria:
- Knowledge of ISO13485 Quality Management Systems
- Experience in use of Minitab or similar statistical analysis software
- Quality auditing certification
- Experience of using lean manufacturing / improvement tools such as 5S, Six Sigma, Kaizen, value stream mapping
Please contact Padraig on the details provided for more information on this fantastic position